cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Package for Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

We want to upgrade one of our test server to NW 7.5 to test the new SAPUI 7.5 Libraries ans 1.32 Runtime.

For that the new SUM wants to have the DVD with the Label "NW750_MID" if someone knows where to find the media to download I would really appreciate it.

I already downloaded every single file in Netweaver 7.5 on SWDC.

Best regards.

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I raised OSS message and still waiting for SAP reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

A have the same erros.

Any solution about this error?

Regards,

Rogério

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I finished DEV, QA and PRD upgrades.

Extracted 6 and 7 DVDs in one folder and extracted 8 and 9 DVDs in other folder. Provided both the paths to SUM tool and it worked fine.

I used same patches/packages directory for QA and PRD upgrades and it did not even ask me to provide these DVDs, SUM tool automatically picked up everything from that directory.

former_member182844
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Ashish and Gaurav,

I think that i have the same problem.

I try update from Netweaver 7.40 to 7.50

SUM asked me to "NW750_MID"

I downloaded:

51050576_6

51050576_7

51050576_8

51050576_9

As say the note: 2258283

Extracted 6 and 7 DVDs in one folder and extracted 8 and 9 DVDs in other folder.

The process fails.

Best Regards.

Attached imagen.

viktar_vankevich
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Santiago,

I've exactly the same problem while update my system  from Netweaver 7.40 to 7.50.

Did you manage to solve the issue?

kind regards,

Viktar

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Viktar,

Try KBA 2268605

Regards,
Gaurav

viktar_vankevich
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

Here is what I have:

According to KBA I face symptom 2 point a. Right?

So what should I provide, which DVDs?

kind regards,

Viktar

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Viktar,

It is asking Netweaver DVD for an ERP system which do seem correct to me. I would ask you to check your stack.xml

Regards,
Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

I am having  the same exact issue like yours, i tried your way but it is still not accepting the media, could you please help me with the screen shot or something.

Here is what i have,

Thanks,

Ashish

moti_shakutai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ashisa and others,

I have the same issue, did you overcome it ?

It seems that the new dvd number is 51050576 from 23/12/2015 (linux +oracle)

I can not find the export dvd 51050024 is swdc

It seems that 51050576 is simply defetcted.

Need to open a ticket/message to sap for this.

Unless one of you guys knows the resolution

Thanks,

Moti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

we are also having this issue. Just cant get over that screen. Used all combinations of all the downloads. I have just opened a ticket to SAP waiting for reply.

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Moti,

I cannot say that DVD have issue as I have used same DVD to upgrade to NW 750.
But I have seem many issues with DVD where mostly DVD was not extracted properly (sometimes overwrite and sometimes not extracted properly) . Also few time stack.xml was not generated properly and so it was asking NW export DVD for a ERP.

Best Regards,
Gaurav

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

I would ask you to do the same thing.
extract _6 and _7 part in one directory. This is export part 1.
extract _8 and _9 part in one directory. This is export part 2.

Provide both directory to SUM tool.

Best Regards,
Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

thank you. I did that at first but got stuck in the same screen. Interesting is that my SUM now asks for a ERP export. Do you know what tag in the stack xml is concerned?

Best regards!

Jan

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Interesting....

This is a ERP system but this is asking for the Netweaver export DVD in the screenshot. So no matter what DVD you provide it would never meet the criteria.

If you provide then Netweaver export DVD tag NW750_MID will match but product ERP will not and
if you provide the ERP export DVD then DVD tag will not match. So lets talk about from where SUM determine these tags. This details is picked from the stack.xml file. So this would mean that stack.xml is not correct. I would be interedted to know what exatly is being done. This is ERP system but you are trying to go to NW750 which cannot be done. You need to go to next EHP i.e. EHP8 if you need NW750 . EHP8 is not yet released .

If your project is something different , please let me know so I could suggest further. Better if you could also provide a doc with stack.xml generation steps and how your system is maintained in solman along with a bit about what you are trying to perform. You can remove the confidential details like hostname and all before providing it here.

Best Regards,
Gaurav

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Also you mentioned that you already created a incident.
Could you share the incident number. I can check the attachment from there as well in case
you would not like to share all the details here due to data security or company policy etc.

Reagrds,
Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

what i have is an ERP6 EHP7 system with Net Weaver 7.4. The target is to migrate the system to S4Hana On Premise 1511. This  should only be a testing system, as my company is developing add ons for SAP.

SAP Support already implemented a workaround in this system to enable the upgrade. Since then i was able to start MOPZ and chosse Upgrade Net Weaver to 7.5 Stack 1.

So far so good MOPZ was running fine but now i got stuck in this media screen.

Sorry i cant provide more information about the ticket right now. There is SAP Support Partner in between. They are checking the issue at the momment before my ticket gets forwarded to SAP. Anyway there is not more information then we have here in this post.

Thank you very mutch for taking care.

Best Regards

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

wondering if there is enough space to post the hole xml

Message was edited by: Jan Belz Moved the xml to a attachment

moti_shakutai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Done that  and it seems that it pass the check !!!

Splited the upgrade export to two folders, as Gaurav recomended. Fed this to sum (without lang, kernel and installtion_export mount points)

but now it fails on wrong oracle client, it seems that kernel 745 requires oracle client >= 12 and I have 11

Thanks,

Moti

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Moti,

Bit confused here. As I can see in PAM that Netweaer 750 requires Oracle 12c .
So in case your DB is on a lower level, you would need to first upgrade it.

In case its only client then you can just download the client DVD and provide it to SUM tool.

Regards,
Gaurav

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

You mentioned that project is to move S/4HANA . But here it seems that you are only upgrading the Netweaver part of a ERP system. Sorry but the scenario is still not clear to me. You can move from EHP7 to S/4HANA so what is the need of only upgrading the netweaver 750 Sp01 here. May be I am missing something here so would like to check again the incident where "workaround" was impemented or suggested to get a better idea of project and what was done. Is it possible to share the details.

As of now I can only see that stack.xml have DVD tag for netweaver 750 . Offcouse since this is what is selected in MOPZ or MP. But need to clarify if this is possible or supported.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

thanks for bringing me on track I am confused about this too. I thought first step to the migration would be updating Net Weaver to 7.5. So this was the only option i could pick in MOPZ for this system.

Now i took a look in the "new" Maintenance Planer and there i could pick the option convert to S4.

I started SUM from scratch with the new stack XML and now its asking for S4Hana DVDs. I am downloading them right now.

I think I was just starting this the wrong way.

Regards.

Jan

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Yes. Now this seems to be correct. 

Best of luck.

Regards,
Gaurav

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

I see only one incident with this issue open .
If yes, then may be incidnet can be closed now. Or if you prefer, I can take over if you can provide me the incident number.

Best Regards,
Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

i got over this step now. I am going to close the open ticket.

Thank you very mutch.

Best regards!

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

SAP answerd.

I made following:

Extract 51050042_6 _7+_8+_9 into one folder and overwrite files if neccessary.

Extract 51050082_10 into an extra folder.

Add these 2 folders to SUM.

I also added:

51050042_2

The Language Part of 51050042

and the Install Kernel 51050042

Now it looks like it is working.

Best regards Christoph

0 Kudos

Hi

Can you give a bit more details?

Your screen has 5 lines?

what do you mean with "Install Kernel 51050042"?

I now created 1 large dvd will all files from 51050042 and a kernel dvd /51050082_3.kernel

But still it wont continue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

These are the files I downloaded. Every package except the Upgrade Kernel has its own folder. The twoUpgrade packages needs to be extracted into one folder.

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

I would say that you need to extract the _6 and _7 part in one directory , lets call it exp1 and then
_8 and _9 in one directory lets call it exp2 and provide these 2 directory in SUM tool.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

First time it asks for media provide Upgrade Export Part I,

CDLABEL:

SAP NETWEAVER 7.5 OS independent Number 51050042_4

2nd Time (after Kernel check) give Upgrade Part II:

CDLABEL:

SAP NETWEAVER 7.5 OS independent Number 51050042_5

Hope this helps,

Thomas

0 Kudos

Hi.

I am also strugling with these DVDs.

On swdc you have "NW 7.5 Upgrade Export Part I"  and "NW 7.5 Upgrade Export Part II" but both contain exactly the same files.

Were you able to proceed with upgrading to NW75?

Thanks

Sander van Gemert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was still not able to fix it. I honestly can not understand why SAP is not able to help in that case. I opened a ticket and the SAP now wants to have a look on the system and the logs.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph

Have you created stack.xml file through MOPZ. During MOPZ run, all the required upgrade media (DVDs and SP files) can be added to download basket. Thereafter, you can download all the media required for your upgrade.

BR

Raj Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I created it with the maintanance planner and later also with MOPZ. There is no such file in the download Basket.

Best regards Christoph

shaun_wimpory2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Did you manage to resolve this issue??  I'm also being prompted by SUM 1.0 SP15 (PL6) for the NW750_MID media.  I'm not sure what this is.  MOPZ was used to determine to upgrade components for NW 7.5, and all media has been downloaded to a central download directory on the SAP server.

Was hoping you have found an answer to this?

Cheers

Shaun

Message was edited by: Shaun Wimpory I've logged a call to SAP.  As a workaround I should be able to download the 7.45 kernel DVD (contains the MID.XML file), but would like SAP to provide a patch to SUM or upgrade control files as this shouldn't be needed. Will post back once SAP provide an answer.

shaun_wimpory2
Participant
0 Kudos

SAP replied stating that the media for NW7.5 upgrade needs to be manually downloaded.  MOPz in this instance will only calculate the delta differences.

SAP Note 2242957 also provides the same advice.

Cheers

Shaun