Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trex Trace File size

former_member184628
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We have TREX Dev and PRD system where RFC trace has grown to 800 MB.

How can that be cleaned as I am getting alert in the Admin console.

I can see a clear button in the admin console, can we sue to clear that or if there is any other way to clear that.

What if I clear that file manually from OS level, but it is difficult to get downtime to perform that.

Need your help in this issue.

Thanks,

Sharib

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184628
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried clearing logs from Administration Console -> trace -> Clicked "clear" selected the trace to be cleared and finally clicked OK, but nothing happened to the file, instead file size remains same.

Screenshot is attached for your reference.

Thanks,

Sharib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through the section "Deleting and Reorganizing Trace and Log Files" mentioned in the below link

Tracing und Logging - Search and Classification (TREX) - SAP Library

In the mean time you can try nullifying the log file.

/dev/null command will work on Unix systems for Windows you can try.

C:\> type nul > file_name

Better create a log file of same name and rename the old one. And than you can try either deleting/zipping the file

Regards,

Prithviraj.

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharib,

when you click on the clear button the TREXAdminTool stat a new one window where you need
to check in checbox "Remove Alert files".

I suppose that you have some issues related to the corruption of indexes/queues. Most likely
the indexing and search doesn't work correctly in your system. I would like to recommend to investigate this.

Best regards,
Mikhail

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharib,

you can delete the file from the TREXAdminTool -> Trace tab . You can do the same directly on the file system (OS level) . However the TREX should update the trace files only in the case of any issues in the system. Can you put here some entries from this huge trace ?

Best regards,
Mikhail

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharib.

Kindly refer the SAP KBA 1909324 - TREX Alert trace file size

Regards

SS

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharib,

For a work around I believe you can use /dev/null to empty your file with out removing it.

cat reads the contents of /dev/null (which contains nothing) and > writes this into logfile

cat /dev/null > logfile

Next time you open your file its contents will be empty.This does not require a downtime.

Thanks,

Mofizur