cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to use for NW04s development systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

till now we were developing on NW04, with the devlopers having XP (SP2) laptops with an installed WebAS 6.40, Portal, KMC running with an MSDE(MSSQL 2000). So far so good. But we now have to switch to NW04s. Looking into service.sap.com/swdc I find unter update just Updatemasters for Win Server not XP. Therefore I also get an error while installation that this setup is not ment to be used with this OS. Is it possible at all to install 04s under XP? Where do I get the installation files from? How are you guys doing it? WE do have a develop server ( unix) in place which is attached to the NWDI - but it is not very handy with a bunch of webdynpro developers to all do the testing on one server. Maybe somebody can help me on this - would appreciate it!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

As far as the possibility of installing NW 04s on Microsoft XP is concerned, it is very much possible. See the following threads:

And regarding the installables, see my answer in the following thread:

/thread/367424 [original link is broken] yourself!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ankur for your answer!

But, unfortunatelly this is not yet what I'm looking for. I'am aware of the Trial and Preview Download page, but I'm looking for the full version. In nw04 times it was possible to download the XP (I386) installers and updaters directly from service.sap.com. This seems to be not possible for the combination XP / nw04s or am I just not looking at the right place?

service.sap.com/swdc

Installations and Upgrades -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NETWEAVER -> SAP NETWEAVER 2004S

Thanks for any additional thoughts.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can install Nw04S with Windows XP Professional SP2 and maxDB 7.6 combination.If you need SQL you need to use MS SQL devloper edition only.We have similar steps out here.

You can get the installable very easily............download NW04S_SR2 from service market place.

The option you were trying always gives error coz its not supported.

Plz reward points:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

thanks for you answer. But I'm still not sure where to find the NW04S_sr2 installable. If I look into the SAP Installations & upgrades folder all it gives me under nw04s is the installables for Win server and all the unix's. If you could give me a few more details on that, would be great!

Thanks,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Well you should download SR2 cd's How to get into it.

service.sap.com/swdc. This is the software distribution center. Go to download and down load by application group. select netweaver and then NW2004s. There you get the option of selecting the OS and inside a particular OS you have the option to chose your database. You get a list of cd's. Here you can select the Instalation master, export, database, kernel, java, Components cd. Rest of the choice is your's. Proceed to download.

Remember that this SR2 is the SPS09 level. While the current release is SPS11. So hence forth you can go to service.sap.com/sp-stacks and select the patches of your choice moving quite the same way and then download those patches and further apply them using JSPM. Ensure that your SDMKIT.JAR and kernel files are included in the list.

To use JSPM you should login as sidadm and also place all the contents under trans/EPS/in folder.

DO reward good points as it helps keeping the spirit of the forum alive.