Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Derived roles. Transaction imported into child, but it doesn't work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear fellows,

I added a transaction into the menu of a master role, in DAR system. I derived and transported the roles into the Q0R system.

I assigned then a child to a user. Unfortunately, the user cannot access the transaction. Neither can I, with my test user.

SU53 displayed the fact that the transaction is missing in the S_TCODE auth. object. I checked and the auth. obj. is containing the tcode.

Is there a possibility that something went wrong when transported between DAR and Q0R ?

Thank you in advance,

Vlad

6 REPLIES 6

niteshgupta87
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vlad,

There could be multiple reasons like profile of derived role not generated in Q system, user comparison not done for the role, etc. Is the tcode access working in Dev system?

Depending on the situation, solution would vary.

Regards,

Nitesh

0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

Yes, the tcode is working in DEV system. It is also included.

Profile and user comparison checked.

Thank you for your answer,

Vlad

0 Kudos

Hi Vlad,

Can you attach the complete screenshot from SU53? What you attached doesn't provide complete information. If possible, take ST01 trace and share missing authorization information from that.

Regards,

Nitesh

Private_Member_25738
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vlad,

Is a little strange,

Did you generate the derived roles? The derived role profile are generated correctly in the user? The SU53 are requiring access to S_TCODE or is another auth.object that check transaction code too?

Could you please attach us the corresponding images?

Thank you.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vlad,

If you have checked all the suggestions mentioned above, taking into account that all objects required to run this specific transaction code, are active, and all seems to be in working order, I suggest you try and clear the user buffer.

I find that if the buffer is set too low, when new authorisations are introduced, I experience the same behaviour as you mentioned.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just a Question, added t-code is any new Z t-code or standard. If that is Z just check as that T-code is in Quality or not?

Please confirm

Thanks

Bhupinder Singh Arora