cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PING HDB failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I am trying to create in GRC a Data Source based on a Analytical View in HANA. However, I am getting the following error (please check image attached).

Could you please tell me how to solve the error?

Thanks a lot,

Kind regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

John,  I think you need to have a hana client tobe installed on your GRC system to connect.  Please refer 1577128 - Supported clients for SAP HANA. Also refer 1825053 - Installation of the current HANA client with SWPM. and 1906576 - HANA client and server cross-version compatibility

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seems like your GRC system can't access the HANA host provided. Check names and/or switch host name for full qualified names or ip address. The later is usually set for testing purposes only.

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas,

Could you please tell how to do it?

Thanks a lot,

Kind regards,

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Ping your HANA host from your GRC host? Involve your OS admin here and he'll certainly know how to check that.

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for your answer. I have performed program ADBC_TEST_CONNECTION, but I get errors. How can i solved this kind of problems?

Thanks a lot,

Kind regards,

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello John Smith,

You see you're not adding information that will help us to help you so far. Saying 'it fails' or ' I get errors' does not makes us psionic beings. I recommend reading this nice article in that regard.

Now for the issue you're going through, I have to ask you again to involve your OS / Basis admin. He/She *must* know how to troubleshoot this. Usually does not have much to do with HANA to be honest.

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira

Former Member
0 Kudos

A good entry point for network related SAP HANA issues is SAP Note 2222200 (FAQ: SAP HANA Network).