cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with extensions using SAP Web IDE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have developed couple of extensions using Vizpacker which working fine in Lumira Desktop. But when I tried to install on Lumira server (1.29), it is giving me the error like - extension is not valid. So I think extensions which are developed in Vizpacker are not supported in Lumira Server, but not sure.

Then I migrated my extensions to SAP Web IDE. I am able to install on Lumira desktop and server also. But I am facing one weird issue. When I select my extension from chart type, I am able to see the chart with some demo data without adding measures and dimensions. I have attached a screenshot for the same. This is working fine (I can see message like add measure/dimension)) when I used the extension developed in Vizpacker. Only issue is with SAP web IDE.

Let me know if you need any more information. Even I tried the same things with other open source SDKs(https://github.com/SAP/lumira-extension-viz) which are developed in Web IDE and same behaviour is there.

I am using Lumira 1.29.3.

Regards,

Niket Talati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niket,

that behavior is by intention ('ghost chart'). It is meant to give the user an idea what the chart will look like once data is pulled it. I actually find this behavior very useful: I have most of the open sourced extensions installed, and getting a preview of what the chart looks like makes it easier to chose the right one.

Do you have any specific concerns around this ghost chart?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the answer. I don't have any specific concerns for that but sometimes it is taking more time to select the extension because of calculations on dummy data. This "ghost chart" is not there when we develop extension using VizPacker, so just confusing.

Nevertheless, it's fine for us.

Regards,

Niket Talati

ravidellenbogen
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Niket,

My name is Ravid. I'm a UX researcher for Web IDE project and collecting feedback from Web IDE users.

If you would like to meet privatly (on call) please email me: ravid.ellenbogen@sap.com and I'll contact you back.

Your feedback will help us help you and improve your experience.

Regards,

Ravid

Answers (0)