cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font-Adaption Afaria SSP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

On some devices, the font size of the Self-Service Portal is rather small.

I've read these ressources explaining how to customize the SSP:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-55490

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-58943

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-58866

But this is an Overkill for just changing the font (Microsoft Visual Studio Required...).

Is there a simpler method (configuration/setting) to change the font appearance of the SSP to make it more readable on certain devices?

Kind regards,

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jtaylor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

It would be unsupported doing this and you would likely have to redo the changes everytime that you applied an update/service pack. That said, it looks like you can change the font-size in Site.css, which is contained in the install directory for the Self Service Portal. I haven't tested it, so I'm not certain what impact that would have on positioning of everything, etc.

As Ercin asked, it would be nice to know the devices on which you've seen the problem, so that we could replicate and see if there was a solution that would work for all device types.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ercin, hi John

Unfortunately the zooming function in the browser (Chrome) does not work on the SSP.

We see this on the Samsung Galaxy Tab Active (SM-T365). This is just a subjective Feedback we got from our users. If there would be a simple, straightforward possibility to adapt the font-size we would find it nice to be able to improve the usability for our users. But from your Feedback it sounds rather like a complicated thing which might not quite be worth the effort... Am I right?

But it would be nice to have some small settings we could configure in the Afaria Admin UI to customize the SSP without the need of a .NET IDE and C# programming (just an idea...).

Cheers,

Tobias

jtaylor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

While there is not a built in way to do that, by editing the Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) described above, you should be able to modify the font and some other characteristics of the SSP's appearance.

To change the font size, find the property "font-size" under the element "body" and change the font size from 0.8em to something else like 1em.

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Tobias,

If you haven't already submitted your idea for this feature for Afaria, I would recommend doing so.  Http://ideas.sap.com.  Our product session is located under mobile. 

Tracy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

@John: Thanks, I've found the Site.css file. In our Installation (Afaria 7 SP7) it is located inside the "Content" Subfolder of the Self-Service Portal Installation Path. I already tested adapting the site.css file and it worked out to make the font bigger. But you are right, it also affects other parts of the SSP, where things don't look so good anymore if the font size is bigger. But with some CSS-Skills some nice adaptions certainly can be done.

I just see the Point that if I want to do this properly, time and efford would be rather high (with testing on the different devices using the ssp) and will probably be lost with the next Service Pack.

@Tracy: I will think about this, thanks.

Thanks to all of you for your answers! That was helpful.

Cheers,

Tobias

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ercin_nurol
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

I might be wrong but to my knowledge it is not possible to change the font size of the SSP, so the easiest would be to zoom it on the device side I would say.

What devices are you talking about?

Best regards

Ercin Nurol