cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Asset Accounting in SAP Simple Finance 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have installed Simple Finance 2.0 in our system. I have configured New Asset Accounting and posted transactions related to acquisition and depreciation.

SAP mentions that there are 5 asset  tables ANEA, ANEP, ANEK,ANLC and ANLP which will not get updated post SFIN 2.0 installation on posting of asset transactions.

Views for these 3 tables are  FAAV_ANEA,FAAV_ANEP, FAAV_ANEK,FAAV_ANLC,FAAV_ANLP and SAP has mentioned that data related to asset transactions will be available in these view tables instead of the original asset tables.

However, I have noticed that out of these 5 tables, 3 tables ANEK, ANLC and ANLP are still getting updated and the number of records in these 3 asset tables and the corresponding view tables are same.I believe this is incorrect as there should not be any data in these 3 asset tables .

This is working fine for tables ANEA and ANEP where data does not exist in the tables but can be viewed through corresponding view tables FAAV_ANEA and FAAV_ANEP.

ACDOCA gets updated with all the required data and updation of data in these 3 tables is duplication of records.

Have I missed out any configuration ? Any suggestion ? Is there any document available which gives information about updation of data in these tables ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksey,

Whatever you are saying is correct from technical perspective seeing the structure of the table.Yes I do agree that FAAV* is a view .The issue is with the existing 5 asset tables in ECC and not with the view.

But if you check the details from SE16 or SE16N, then tables ANLC,ANEK and ANLP do have data however, SAP mentions that these tables will not be updated.

SAP also talks about tables ANEA and ANEP alongwith the above 3 tables.These 2 tables are not updated and data for them can be viewed through FAAV_ANEA and FAAV_ANEP.

The characteristics of all these 5 tables should be same.

In all the documents it is given that these tables will not be updated and data can be viewed through FAAV* tables.Then how come data updation works differently for these tables ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, these table are not store any data

(go to se11, ANLC then Utilities- Runtime object-Display.

Here you can see that Physical table is FAAV_ANLC)

it means that ANLC takes records from FAAV_ANLC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonal,

We have configured SFIN 2 in our system as well.

I have made the configurations and i am in the process of performing some acquisitions.

I am getting the following error-->Posting is not possible, old depreciation calculation not supported

Message No. FAA_POST007.

Please let me know in case you have come across this issue?

Thanks,

Aruna Chittaranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check if EA-FIN business function is activated - it's mandatory for new FI-AA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does it mean that data updation in tables ANEP and ANEA is different from tables ANLC, ANEK and ANLP ?

ANEP and ANEA do not show any records and the data can only be viewed in FAAV_ANEP and FAAV_ANEA respectively.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aruna,

Please check if business functions EA-FIN and FIN_AA_PARALLEL_VAL are activated in your system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

not different,

may be you have no any documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksey,

As understand from your logic that data is not stored physically in tables ANLC, ANEK and ANLP and these tables take records from FAAV_ANLC ,FAAV_ANEK and FAAV_ANLP respectively .Hence, when we check data in these 3 tables,system shows the records.

I also understand that ANEP and ANEA are also structured in the same way.

However,same is not happening.We do have records in FAAV_ANEP and FAAV_ANEA but there is no records in ANEA and ANEP.

If I check the number of records in ANLC,ANEK and ANLP,then it does show the data even though the same is not stored physically.However,ANEA and ANEP do not show any records.In this scenario,I have to check data in FAAV* tables for these 2 tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, can you see tables FAAV_ANEP and FAAV_ANEA as a physical tables for ANEP and ANEA in se11 'Runtime object'?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksey,

Physical tables are blank for these two tables.

Though SAP mentiones that the structure of all these 5 tables are same in New Asset Accounting in Simple Finance,I understand that it is not same for all of them.

For tables ANLC, ANEK and ANLP,physical table is maintained and records get updated in the view table.However,when we check these tables,system takes data from view tables for these tables due to physical table maintenance in Run time Object .

For tables ANEP and ANEA, physical table is not maintained and records get updated in the view table.Due to non maintenance of physical table in Run time Object,data is not updated in these tables and is available only in view tables.

Please confirm if this is the standard behavior expected by SAP or if anything is missed out in my system due to which the table structures are different.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you have errors during migration? Especially during Balance migration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Migration scenario is not applicable as this is a new system where we did configuration and posted few transactions.Same as Greenfield implementation.

0 Kudos

Hello Aleksey and Sonal,

You underlined that SAP had mentioned that 5 AN* asset tables will not get updated. Is there any documentation or link about this notification by SAP ?

My system is also SFIN 2.0 and all those 5 asset tables have FAAV* ones as physical tables when i check from SE11.

Also all those asset tables are updated ( actually views ) exactly same with FAAV* ones.

Sonal, at this point, maybe there might be a issue in SFIN migration customizing steps, you can check sfin migration status check steps in SPRO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to create separate discussion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to se11, then Utilities- Runtime object-Display.

Here you can see that Physical table is FAAV_ANLC

Former Member
0 Kudos

And if you go further you can see that FAAV_ANLC is a view (se11, FAAV_ANLC, switch to tab Table/Join condition)