Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plez help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, All

please answer my questions.

1)after uncar support pack we get .ATT & .PAT what data this two files contain.

2) In a table which field is common for client 000.001,066

3)why do we apply patch for 000 why not from other clients

4) what is client and what data it contains

please answer this questons. thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems you are new.

When you uncar you get these two files which you can use for patching your system using spam.

Client dependent details. 000 is Master client. 001 is the copy of 000. 066 is for early watch.

000 is the master client so we use it.

In general, a client is a logical division of data within an SAP system. Some things, like application data are mostly client-dependent, meaning that for example, a G/L account defined in client 123 of system ABC is only visible in that client. Therefore if you logon to client 456 of system ABC you will not be seeing the same database entity (if it is defined at all).

At a technical level, client dependent data simply resides in database tables that have the client number as a key field (typically the first key field).

Multiple clients within an SAP system are often used in development, testing and training systems - so that individuals can work in the same system (on the same codeset) but in isolation of each other.

Rewarding points is one more thing you should learn here onwards. Just kidding but do award points if it helps you.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for ur reply.

But i would like to know what Data .ATT and .PAT contain.

i those files are use for patching.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

the ATT file contains attributes for the patch (name, version of SAP basis it can be applied to, etc.), the PAT file contains the patch itself.

If you apply a patch using SPAM, the contents of the PAT file will be extracted (disassembled) to your transport directory. SPAM will trigger the necessary steps to import the patch.

Best regards,

Elmar.

Answers (0)