cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object linking -PO line item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When user try to link DIR from CV02N, system is allowing to enter PO without item number. When PO is opened not able to view DIR under any of the line item. Please let me know is there config to restrict this issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for both Nikethan and Nayeem. my issue is resolved. As mentioned by Niketan in the screen shot system will show message when configuration is done as below.Object check should be activated with the relevant status.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

The config mentioned is correct but the standard behavior of DMS is when you attach PO number without the line item in DIR system will not store the PO details from DMS side and as well as from PO.

So if you want to view the file from PO then need to mention the line item number since the DMS link from PO side is at line item level.

Hope this clarifies your query.

Rgds,

Nayeem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nayeem,

Thank you for responding. System is allowing to save PO number with out line item number. When DIR is opened next time, PO number can be viewed. As you said, DIR can't be viewed from DIR. This is all clear my requirement is that system should not allow to save PO number with out line item or system should through error.

Regards

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand your requirement but it is standard behavior of system that PO number is allowed to save without line item number.

---- Important notes regarding the object link functionalities are:

Note      Description

880077 Performance problem using object links

885977 Extension to note 867241 on object links

926060 Extension of note 885977 for object link Purchase Order

960202 Object Links Deleted While Adding New Objects

1002648 Wrong behaviour while using RFC_CHANGE_DOCUMENT_MASTER

1034682 Object links getting deleted while scrolling and switching

1050158 Documents links lost in the Notif. when clicked on Sales order

332046 Document Links in IW53

Rgds,

Nayeem.

former_member185558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nayeem / Siva,

I don't know if it is really standard , because in my sandbox with standard DMS configuration,

it does not allow saving PO without item number(check my screenshot), but I don't know what the difference between my sandbox configuration and one which Siva is working on....

rgds,

former_member185558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

You should get error like below if you are not mentioning item in Object Link, when saving DIR.

in DC10 can you check settings for  Define Object Link (Object EKPO and Scr 248) , you can try with maintaining Val. Obj. as EKPO.

Thanks and regards,

Niketan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niketan,

Thank very much for responding. I have checked in DC10 values already maintained but I am not getting any warning or message. below screen shot is for your reference.

Regards

Siva