cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Targets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

During transports we need to maintain Targets in SLD.

we have only 2 environments like DEV (using for Dev and quality) and PRD with individual SLDs and integration servers.Now I need to make targets between QA and PRD systems.. no need to handle DEV systems..

Now,my assumption is to maintain DEV/QA  SLD targets..

1) Add PRD systems in dev SLD

2) I need to add 2 groups in dev SLD (ex: named: QA_Group  and PRD_Group)

3) assign target ,all business systems from QA to PRD.

and its done from dev/qa environment..

Am I need to do anything in PRD system SLD for targets..

Regards

Siri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siri

Actually you need to maintain these in the target SLD system. So in your case, you need to maintain items 1-3 in the Prod SLD system. For item 1, you need to maintain the QA business systems (based on assumption that you are exporting objects from QA Integration Directory).

For your case, you need to maintain in Dev SLD only if you transport ID objects from Dev to QA. If you manually create the ID objects in QA, then you don't need the groupings in Dev SLD.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng,

Thanks for quick reply..

Here for me Dev and QA SLD both are same,that means we have only 2 Items 1(assume QA ),2(assume PRD)

so now I am adding  setup1(QA) targets to PRD and now I need to add same in PRD also?

means adding QA BS in PRD and maintain targets,Am I reading right?

Regards

Siri

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, maintain QA BS in Prod SLD and maintain targets.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

I have added QA BS in PRD SLD and we don't have PRD BS in QA SLD yet..can it be ignored?

or do I need to add PRD BS in QA SLD compulsory and add them to QA - PRD targets??..

And If I am trying to create Groups in PRD SLD ,I can see only PRD SLD integration server but not DEV/QA SLD integration server in drop down ..

I can see both integration servers in DEV/QA SLD.. what does it mean..is Dev integration server is not yet added in PRD SLD right?

Ideally we should have both integration servers available in both SLDs and we add 2 groups QA and PRD right ??

Sorry for confusing way in asking ,please let me know if its not clear for you..

Regards

Siri

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siri

As I mentioned earlier, you only need to maintain the groups/targets in the destination SLD, which is PRD SLD for your specific case.

As such you don't need to add PRD BS in QA/Dev SLD.

If you can't see the QA integration server in your PRD SLD, can you check in the Technical Systems if the QA system has registered itself with the PRD SLD. If yes, then you can create a Business System for that to represent the QA integration server. If not, then get your Basis colleague to check on the registration. Typically AS ABAP and AS Java systems should register automatically with the SLD.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

As I checked now, we have already QA TS/BS added in PRD SLD with PRD integration server..

If I try to create new BS in PRD SLD I am not getting QA related integration server in drop down option..

before checking this with Basis ,I just wants to make sure that we can only add transport groups/Targets once we have both integration servers available in PRD SLD right?

Could you pls advise me on how to add QA integration server in PRD SLD also..

Regards

Siri

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I mentioned, you need to make sure there is a Technical System for the PI QA Server in your PRD SLD.

Go to Technical Systems in your PRD SLD, select system type = AS Java.

Browse through the list to find your PI QA Server there.

If it is there, then go to Business Systems, create a new Business System of type AS Java. Select a system that corresponds to your PI QA Server (from above.)

Give it a name according to your organization's naming convention.

Choose System Role = Integration Server and populate the pipeline URL.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee..

QA Technical system ( PI QA Server ) is not available as Web As Java,in PRD SLD.

-QA, I see QA,PRD available as ABAP and QA as Java

-PRD, only PRD server as ABAP and PRD as Java

Please advise on what is missing to add transport target..(is it because of QA server is not added as Java in PRD SLD??)

Regards

Siri

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ask the Basis team to check on registration of PI QA Server as a Technical System on PRD SLD