cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPDD and SPAU adjustments in which phase of SPS update???

0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to understand in which phase of the SPS Update of SAP NW 7.4 , do i need to ask developers to go to SPDD and SPAU tcodes and make adjustments. I read the SUM Guide and there are two places where we can do , one in the "CONFIGURATION" Phase where it gives us two check boxes to enter the Transport number for SPDD & SPAU, do I ask developer at this stage to goto SPDD and SPAU tcode to adjust objects or should I ask them in "PREPROCESSING" Road map step?

In "PREPROCESSING" Road map step we have 2 sub phases: 

1) SPAU Fill Level Display (Phase PREP_PARSETUP/SPAU_FILL_LEVEL_DEC)

2) Automatic Reset of Non-Adjusted Repository Objects to SAP Original Version (Phase RUN_SUM_SPDD_RESET_CANDIDATES or RUN_SUM_SPDD_RESET_CANDIDATES_TRANS)

Phase answer as to in which step should the developer go and adjust the objects in SPDD and SPAU and capture to the Transport request?

This update is in Dev System.

Best Regards!.

SAU

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed

SPDD Adjustments --> The ABAP Dictionary objects (tables, data elements, domains, and so on) are adjusted during preprocessing phase if you choose standard or advanced pre-configuration mode (and execution phase if you choose single system pre-configuration mode). The adjusted objects are collected in a repair that is released to a transport request for SPDD adjustmements. You have to release the tasks of the SPDD transport request. You should not release this transport request; instead, you have to flag it for transport in transaction SPDD.

Now coming to SPAU adjustments -> Modified or enhanced repository objects (reports, screens, and so on) are adjusted towards the end of the update during Post-processing phase. At this stage, the import of SAP objects has already been completed. However, the old modified version is still available in the version database. As with ABAP Dictionary objects, all changes are released to a transport request that is flagged and then exported and registered by the Software Update Manager.

So you will now have one SPDD TR and one SPAU TR after adjustments as part of SPS Update on DEV System. Now when you will run SUM Tool for SPS update on QAS and PRD systems, you have to specify these TRs in respective fields for SPDD and SPAU TR in Configuration Phase.

Hope this clarifies your query.

Regards

Raj Mohan

0 Kudos

Raj,

Excellent answer!

SPS Update using SUM(sps14) stops in Check phase for SAP NW 7.3 Upgrade with the below message and not able to proceed further.

Type: info === Source: PREP_GENCHECKS/REQ_FRONTREQ_PRE === Title: Update front end software ===

*INFO* : The front end software could be updated at any time before or during
the upgrade. It must be updated before the start of the shadow instance in phase
*START_SHDI_FIRST* .

Refer to the upgrade manual if you do not know how to perform the update
procedure.

Since this is only Info, it suppose to allow us to continue further in the upgrade, how to proceed further?

Thanks.

SAU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed

Thanks and happy to know that my answer resolved your query. Now please mark my previous answer as correct

Regarding your new query, yes you can ignore this warning and continue further. You can upgrade your SAP Gui if it is too old (No need, if you are having 730 version).

You can mark this answer also as helpful or correct, as your choice

BR

Raj Mohan

0 Kudos

Raj,

Thanks for the answer. I am not able to ignore and continue, when I click Next button it again repeating the same step and throws the same information window, is there a way to ignore this and continue?

Thanks

SAU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed

Can you provide full screen shot of this error in SUM Tool. I believe there must be a way to ignore and continue further.

BR

Raj

0 Kudos

When clicking next it repeat from 17% and again comes to this check and stops. Back button will take me back 1 step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you see any pop up or new window opening when SUM stops at this step. Usually, for info regarding manual actions appear in new window and when we click over ok or next button in that new window, SUM tool will then automatically proceed to next button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed

Were you able to resolve above issue? If Yes, plz tell me how were you able to move further? Was it same way I tried to explain you.

Regards

Raj Mohan

Answers (0)