cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two step confirmation does not work when quantity returned to return bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have implemented two step confirmation such that when I replenish stock to the pickface, I confirm the removal of stock from source bin location and placement of stock in the pickface location.

I am about to implement replenishment based on min max levels and I will be returning the balance of stock to the original bin location.  The problem is that two step confirmation no longer appears to be working. 

Is there a solution?

Regards,

JAConsultant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is what I am trying to do.

ST 100 - Reserve storage has a full pallet of stock. 

ST 042 - pick face can only hold half a pallet.

Replenish pick face with 1/2 pallet from reserve (St 100)

Remaining 1/2 pallet needs to be returned to ST 100 (doesn't need to be to the same bin location).

Three line items are created in the TO:

1. Removal of stock from ST 100

2. Placement of stock into ST 042

3. Return of stock to another bin location in ST 100.

These are three different steps and I think that I should be able to confirm the first step and them confirm that second step and then confirm the third step.

Regards,

JAConsultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JA,

I understand the requirement. But,like i said, your intention to enable 2 step confirmation with Return storage is contradicting.

In case of 2 step confirmation, as soon as you confirm Pick, system would delete the Source quant. Where as in you case, you want to return partial qty. back to the same bin (Source quant). As this is contradicting, system would exclude 2step confirmation by default.

Thanks,

Venn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venn,

If didn't want to return the partial quantity back to the original bin - but to a different bin location in the same storage type.  Would the system still only allow a single confirmation.  At the very least it should allow confirmation of the removal followed by confirmation of the placement in the fixed bin location and return locations.

In my opinion the system should require three confirmations:  one for the removal, one for the placement and one for the return - but it appears that the system does not work like this.

Regards,

JAConsultant

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mentioned that "balance of stock to the original bin location"

you need to look to configure the return storage type / storage bin configuration at storage type level

There are plenty of thread exist on SCN please search with term "Return stock to same storage bin" one of them is mentioned below

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3392923

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I am not having trouble returning stock to a return bin location - my issue is that the removal step, the placement into pick face step and the return of surplus to original bin location step are all confirmed together.

The thread that you mentioned just covers the process that I have already been successful in creating.

Regards,

JAConsultant

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that is standard behavior of SAP.

if your expectation is that system should create another TO to confirm back to Bin then by standard way you cannot achieve this. Also as an standard best practice of Warehouse I don't see it is logical to bring the pallet up to the destination bin and after unloading of the required pallet go back and drop the leftover quantity this will increase the overall warehouse processing time

e.g. stock in reserve bin   10 pc

replenishment requirement 7 pc

as per your requirement  operationally system should allow the user to pick 10 pc and then after dropping the 7 pc to pick face location he will travel back to reserve location and drop 3 pc

Technical possibility  - 1) Create first transfer order for 10 pc (source as RESERVE location and destination as Pickface location)

2) Confirm TO at destination(Pick face)

3) Create another TO from Pick face to Reserve (Technical challenge how the system will come to know about the quantity for

which TO needs to be created, there might be a situation where once you will

confirm the first TO at destination source bin is available or another pallet  so

during Second TO creation there might be a situation that system will propose

new bin)        

4) Confirm TO at destination (Reserve location)

By writing custom code these all can be achieved but not at all recommended solution instead of that you need to allow system to create TO for 7 pc only from the reserve (until unless you don't have any operational challenge) and ask the warehouse worker to picK 7 PC against the TO and perform the putaway at pick face location)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacqueline,

Enabling complete stock removal with 2 Step confirmation is contradictory. As per 2 step confirmation, as soon as you confirm Pick, system would delete the Source quant. But, actually you are trying to return back partial quantities of the source quant in step 2 - Transfer confirmation.

As this is conflicting, system would exclude 2 step confirmation if you have enabled complete stock removal with return storage type.

Thanks,

Venn

former_member204556
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

During the confirmation of the first step, you verify that the goods have been picked from the source storage bin. During the confirmation of the second step, you verify the transfer process and thus also the receipt of the material at the destination storage bin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this is how it works when you are not returning surplus stock to another bin location. 

When you have a third line in your TO for the return of stock to a storage type and a bin location, the first confirmation confirms the removal step, the placement into pick face step and the return step - all three steps are confirmed together. 

Does anybody have a solution to this. 

Regards,

JAConsultant