SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Montly budget consuption is possible without activating PSM_GEN_BUDPER_1 ?

liliana_mejia_d
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to have a monthly budget consuption without activating PSM_GEN_BUDPER_1? I mean, if I make an entry documento on January for 100 USD, that amount should only be consumed by FI documents in the period 01; right now I´m doing some tests and there´s no way that I can control period consumption, but maybe I can customize something rather than activate the component?

Thank´s in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Liliana:

The business function PSM_GEN_BUDPER_1 has specially been designed by SAP to let customer do monthly budgeting. In one of our project we used a manual distribution key in FMBB to post period wise budget without activating business function and activated dimension fund.This solution lets you post budget monthly however its consumption can not controlled on a month this why SAP had come up with a more profound solution using PSM_GEN_BUDPER_1 to do periodic budgeting.

Thanks

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can 'substitute' budget period by any other available FM objects, which will be derived automatically from the posting period, e.g. 'fund', 'funded program', etc. You can define 12 entities for this object, symbolizing a period, budget them and control its consumption. This way, you'll have monthly budgetary control. Please, search this forum, as this question was discussed several times.

Regards,

Eli

liliana_mejia_d
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank´s a lot, I have read about other objects (such as funded program) but I wanted to know another opinion.