cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No bin search possible. Storage types/sections/bin types incomplete

0 Kudos

Getting this error while creating warehouse task for inbound.

I did the storage type search, section, bin type and HU type search. Also assigned the PTDI to WPT.

In this case the  HU has two different products in it going to two different storage types. But when i create inbound with one product and one HU going to one storage type - it successfully creates WT. Its only when i have the two products in one HU it wont create a put away WT.

What could be the reason that it creates WT when HU and product is one to one but when multiple products in a single HU - it wont create WT.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Buddy,

first check any consolidation group is assigned for your two storage types for which you are looking to store the HUs.

if both are different, it would required to de consolidate the products as per consolidation group.

Regards

C K Reddy

0 Kudos

Hello

I took your advice and implemented de-consolidation process using the first scenario - HU has two different products and two different activity areas and consolidation group. When i create the putaway HU - IB01 WT is triggered successfully. When i confirmed my IB01 step i am expecting the system to create two WTs with IB02 step with destination bin as de-consolidation bin. But this WT is failing. There is a failed inbound queue. with error message - Could not convert quantity.

When i looked at my SLG1 log it does identify my storage process but results in the below two error messages.

No bin search possible. Storage types/sections/bin types incomplete

Requested amount could not be supplied

I can post the complete log if needed.

Thanks

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems destination bin is not triggering, for this you can check the work center determination.

Regards

C K Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Buddy,

Here system is not able to create WT due to one of the below :

Source & Destination Data(Check WPT setting)

Work Center - Storage type/Storage Bin

Search sequence for Storage Type/Storage section/Bin Types

BR,

Olet

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

since you mentioned with one product and HU it is working fine, with two product and one HU you mentioned that it should go to two different  storage types, if my understanding is correct then don' t you think physically you should segregate the stock in two different HU. Operation how can you storage same HU in storage type 1 and storage type 2

In my opinion you need to segregate the stock in two different HU and then try to create WT, if at all you want to store two product in same HU then you need to look for mixing indicator, Storage bin type mapping and storage type indicator for both the material should be identical

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Buddy

I can see that your system is not allow to store mixed material in same HU.

Please check and confirm with you business whether it shall be allowed to store mixed material .

If not then you have to create 2 HU for two product ,I believe system will successfully create WT.

If yes then you have to do config at storage type and HU level for mixed storage of product.

BR,

Olet