cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of SAP Identity Management 8.0 - SAP HCM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I started to work in a SAP Identity Management Project. I want to integrate as primary source for identity information SAP HCM. Nowadays my client has SAP ECC 6.0 on SQL Server 2008 but  there are a migration plan SAP ECC on hana, so I wondering, if I start to work with the actual versión and then do a upgrade, is a good option?, I mean, What I should do to upgrade  IDM to the new SAP ECC ? If would be dificult? I am very novice in the topic, is the first time that used SAP Identity Management. I will appreciate your help.

Best Regards!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Canales,

the short answer is that ECC database is behind the interfaces and what is the database of ECC is transparent for IDM so the upgrade later to HANA db should also be transparent for IDM.

In more details

When HCM syncronizes with IDM it uses RPLDAP_EXTRACT_IDM and Business Add-In (BAdI) implementation for delta download. In the other direction BAdI Implementation BADI_IDM_HR_COMMUNICATION of BAdI definition BADI_EXTEND_IDENTITY is used to update employee data in the SAP ERP HCM system.

Roles are the PFCG ones.

Best wishes,

Fedya Toslev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fedya,

Thanks a lot for your answer...   I am very novice ...... but now I understand it.

Best Regards !

Marisol Canales

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there!

At the moment, I think your best bet  is to do a standard HCM connection. While we can do an initial load from HANA, I would agree with you in saying that we're not all the way there as far as supporting HANA supported applications.

I'm SAP and the Product Management team will let us know when there's new functionality and how to move over to new supported applications.

Hopefully there will be a CEI for this.

Matt