Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC Custom tables to move/copy to SCM APO

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a question with regard to the custom table created in ECC and we would like to move/copy this new table to APO.

Since i haven't done this earlier, please help me.. What is the best practice for doing this?

It would be nice if you share any detailed documentation or thread for more information .

Thanks a lot.

Reagrds

PK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is not possible to transport custom table from ECC to APO in standard SAP. You jut need to copy entire of your custom table in ECC and maintain them directly in APO  system.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,

Thank you for your reply. If i manually create/maintain custom table directly in APO, then i would like to know how am i going to keep update the table in APO in real time whenever there is a change in the custom table in ECC.

Regards

PK

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can take help of BW in this case. Create an info cube where data from custom table could be pulled. Then you can develop custom program to copy data from cube to custom table in APO or can use from info cube itself.

You can load this data as per your requirement through process chain hourly/daily/weekly etc..

Take help of BW & ABAP resource.

Regards

Rahul

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thanks so much for the info.

I have listed the details in your message in a sequence wrt. ECC/APO systems involved, please let me know if i understand correctly.

1. In ECC - Create InfoCube

2. In ECC - Create Custom Program

3. In APO - Create Custom Table (Option 2: APO – Create InfoCube)

4. In ECC/APO - Copy data from ECC InfoCube to APO Custom Table (or APO InfoCube)

Regards

PK

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is how it should be considering your initial query:

1. In ECC - Create custom table (example Z1) which you are updating directly or through transaction data

2. In APO - Create InfoCube to pull data from ECC custom table Z1

3. In APO create custom table Z2 where you want to replicate the data from Z1 through info cube.

4. In APO - Copy data from InfoCube to APO Custom Table (this means copy data from cube to Z2 through custom program) or use InfoCube to read the data (in this case you don't need custom table Z2 in APO, depending upon your requirement).

Though I am not sure what exactly you want to achieve with this custom table but you can try above.

Regards

Rahul

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Awesome! The message is very clear now. You have been very helpful in this network.

Thanks and regards

PK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PK SAP,

I am in a similar situation struggling with the implementation.  If you have implemented this successfully, can we talk about this over the phone in detail?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

James Craluksi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Wish you all a Happy and Prosperous NEW YEAR 2016.

If you're gonna use BI cube then you would definitely need an BI consultant help.

An Export Datasource should be created in ECC for your custom table

Created datasource should be replicated in BI/BW.

BI Cube created with appropriate Characteristics and Keyfigures.

Mapping should be done from the replicated DS to the Cube.

Loading should be done DS-->Cube--APO table.

Delta Loading should be done from ECC table-->DS-->Cube--> APO table.

Good Luck

Regards

Vinoth

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Vinoth, Wish You a Very Happy New Year 2016.

Thanks all for your support and help.... HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016!

Regards

PK