cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory Optimisation Run Error

steve_rampton2
Explorer

Hi,

I have created a custom planning area based on a copy of SAP4 to which I have added master data attributes and kf required for IO based on SAP3. I am able to run Unconstrained Supply and Demand and Profit Optimisation fine. However when it comes to IO all I get is an error in the status log but with only one line in the log with text: 'Information Start IO Planning Job for version __BASELINE'. No other detail. Running it interactively I get an 'An unexpected error has occurred pop-up' (are there such things as expected errors?).

My planning area is in months rather than weeks and I changed the IOFORECAST and its variability to be at PERPRODLOCCUST level rather than at PERPRODLOCCUSTGRP as in SAP3. I assume that is not hard coded as it is not mentioned in any documentation I've found - at least so far!

Are there any of the kf such as Leadtime, PBR which have to have values without which it errors out?

Any advice appreciated.

Kind regards,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Hi Steve,

IOFORECAST and IOFORECASTERRORCV must be at PERPRODLOCCUSTGROUP. Please see the SAP3 model. You will need to ensure that you have CUSTGROUP attribute in the CUSTOMER master data type and also please look at SOURCECUSTGROUP master data type from SAP3. Ensure these attributes are included in your planning area.

Also, you should have data for PBR, TLEADTIME and / or PLEADTIME (transportation / production), target service level attributes. For Key Figures, you need data for  IOFORECAST and IOFORECASTERRORCV and INVENTORYHOLDINGCOSTRATE.

If you are unable to get a successful run, please create a support ticket.

steve_rampton2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Atul. I have made the required changes and have successfully reactivate the planning area. However I am now getting errors when I try and enter data in the Excel views. Initially I was entering data for IOFORECASTERRORCV and when I save it gives an error 36 'Two different planning object IDs xxxx and yyy are used for the same keys.! Not sure what to do now or what could have caused this. Any advice appreciated.

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Couple of things:

1. I missed the part where you said your planning area was monthly. Which IBP version are you using? Inventory for now is supported on a weekly level. In 4.x, you need the lowest time granularity to be week in the planning area and IO kFs to be defined at weekly level. In 5.x, the time profile in planning area must be Day, Week, Month, Quarter, Year (this is required for Inventory to support Single Planning Area) but all the inventory KFs must be weekly.

2. It looks like you still have data from when IOFORECASTERRORCV  was modeled at PERPRODLOCCUST that is interfering with the new planning level. I recommend that you delete IOFORECASTERRORCV key figure from the planning area, reactivate (to remove any data remaining at the CUSTID level) and then add IOFORECASTERRORCV back at the right level.