cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polling a webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use soap axis to poll a webseervice. the url has been provided and it ends in .svc

I activated the channel and its not polling.

Recurrences -1, poll interval, 300,000 and again tmeout -1. Also using task class com.sap.aii.adapter.axis.ra.transport.http.HTTPGetter. I have enabled enableREST is true also.

Is it possible to poll .svc urls. I have basic authentication too..

how can I make it poll now? payload extraction is soap body? and I see no binding found error even though I have activated both cc and ico

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun

Please check inaki's reply in below discussion

Have you checked theise note?

2023574 - Axis and SOAP adapter can not be started

If you are using HTTP proxy settings you would need to upgrade your system at least to SP09: 1788595 - HTTPGetter handler task to use per channel proxy configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish

I checked the url and I got this error.

Required Components

Number of Missing Components: 3

Where should I get all these from?

I am on SP 12 PO 7.4, the latest version. I wonder why it's still not there in my machine

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls check below thread:

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Midhun,

Static call >> I mean if there is any dynamic paramters in the URL or it's constant always... With the extension of Service .svc  I'm not sure if it's Webservice (SOAP) or not. Did you try calling the same endpoint using SOAP Ui? If you create SOAP project and invoke the endpoint does it work?

Thnx

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah, it's working when i consume from the soap ui

there is no dynamic requirement. we poll every day and whatever values are there, it should be retrieved

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Midhun,

Advanced REST client - Chrome Web Store

you please try this App to test that URL and let me know the results

Note:use same url that you are using in that Soap channel..and use get method.

in case you are using credentials try to add those in that header level some thing like below

here use this blog to convert encoded format (Base64 Decode and Encode - Online)

while convert input should be user:password

ex: midhun:pass123

then you will get something like this dXNlcjpwd2Q=  and then add Basic at prefix

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Midhun for the explanation.

- Are you going to call static URL in a frequency?

- What kind of data are you getting?

- Is this in REST Http service and not SOAP service?

The reason I'm asking this is to see  what are the options we have.

Thank you,

Justin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Justin

I don't know what you mean by static call. what i take today is not the same as what i took yesterday or what i will take tomorrow

I am polling it maybe once a day. They can't make any chnges to the front end. they gave the wsdl. so i assume i can pull out xml file from the webservice.

the data would be something like.

<node>

fielda

fieldb

fieldc

node is unbounded..

how can i find out that if this is rest  http service or soap service?

I only know that the url it's omething like this

http  :// host /abc/def/zyz.svc

PLEASE NOTE that there is no port in the url.

I gave wsdl with endpoint host:port

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Midhun,

What's your end to end scenario? Can you explain please? Also what's your PI Version.

Thnx.    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Justin

There is a url, it's a .svc extension. They cannot make any changes in the front end. they cannot use the wsdl that i gave. they gave the url, user id and password and said to consume the data.

i have to pick data from url and sent to sap ecc system. ecc system is rfc adapter. it's working fine from soap ui.

problem is they say they can't trigger soap..they are using wsdl but they say rest or htttp will not workand i am not convinced though