cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What-if Analysis Feature in SAP Lumira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I understand that there is no standard what-if analysis feature in SAP Lumira.

Anyone had this sort of requirement before?

If yes, could you kindly suggest for a workaround in SAP Lumira which can be done to fulfil this what-if analysis?

OR is there any simple kind of feature in SAP Lumira that can do this?

Thanks and appreciate all the guidance and suggestions.

Regards,

Glen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen - since Lumira is a self-service data discovery tool, does having what-if make sense for Lumira?   For what-if scenarios the dashboarding solutions make more sense - Design Studio or XCelsius / Dashboards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for the info that you have provided and I must agree that a dashboarding solution would make more sense for what-if scenarios.

However, we are encountering a use-case by a client who is comparing between SAP Lumira and other leading data discovery tools such as Tableau & Qlikview.

The use case that we encounter is this 'What-if' Scenarios where a business analyst who is creating his own self service report/visualization would like to incorporate this 'What-if' analysis in his reporting. Can this be done in SAP Lumira?

SAP Lumira is the target tool as the client already has Lumira licenses.

Besides that, since SAP Lumira is being positioned as a data discovery tool (kindly correct me if i am wrong), i would assume that it should have similiar 'What-if Analysis' as what you have in Tableau & Qlikview.

With this being said, does this mean that there is almost certainly no way/workaround for a what-if analysis in Lumira?

Thanks for your help once again, really appreciate it.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glen - on this statement "With this being said, does this mean that there is almost certainly no way/workaround for a what-if analysis in Lumira?" I can't say that for sure - others may have some creative ideas

For What-If, I am thinking slider components and that is not in Lumira right now.  You can check the partner extensions for Lumira (I am not familiar with those)

For the client comparing Qlik/Tableau I recommend including Design Studio in that comparison, as that also has some "data discovery" features and the what-if features.  The Design Studio templates have a Lumira-like look-and feel"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy for the information & suggestions.

Hopefully we will be able to get a workaround/creative way from others or either we will go with the Design Studio for this feature.

Anyone else have any ideas on this? Much appreciated on this.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you put a screenshot up to show what you are trying to achieve?

with the latest lumira SP29, the calculation engine has evolved substantially, so the formula-part of what you are trying to achieve won't be a problem

We don't have a slider in lumira, but we do have input controls. Unfortunately, our input controls are based off list-of-values (therefore no chance for typing-in values ..) so you have to have those 'ranges' available in the data.

Regards,

H

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen

Couple of other SAP Product to consider for "what-if" scenarios:

SAP Predictive Analytics (currently available):

Predictive Analytics | Business Intelligence BI | SAP HANA

Predictive Analytics | SAP BI BLOG

SAP Cloud for Analytics - coming soon:

SAP Cloud for Analytics

http://news.sap.com/redefine-analytics-sap-cloud-for-analytics/

As Tammy mentioned, Lumira does not have a "what-if" capabilities.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

Answers (0)