cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deal with input help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm building new flavor and the field has "input help" option, which shows 9 possible entries. I want to restrict this choice only to 2. How can I do this? Because when trying to edit the input window - it offers only to delete all the options not one-by-one.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195167
Participant
0 Kudos

Are you referring to the F4 help?

If yes, then you could select which options you require to be visible by clicking on white button on the right side in edit-mode.

Example scenario -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I'm referring to F4 or input help. But I'm working with Personas 3.0 this is from 2.0 and it's not the same. Here are the screenshot:

I open the input help and then go into editor, but as you can see it gives no option to select  which one to show. it can only be selected as one hole part....

And then I have additional question, I have seen in many examples transaction buttons like this:

How it can be created with a little different-color-symbol at the right side?

former_member195167
Participant
0 Kudos

From what it appears, the list contains values. You could get rid of the values  you don't need by getting rid of them from the table where they must be maintained. You can perform F1 help for the field, select 'Technical Information', navigate to the data element and see where it is used and what values are being called through it.

I can't comment on the second issue because I am on Personas 2.0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I don't want to get rid of the values for good, I just want to hide - you know customize the input help window like any other transaction screen, change the appearance of it. It is kind of a weird if a transaction screen is modified with nice design, but input helps pop out just as in regular sap.

But anyway thanks for your suggestions.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The control-based (amodal) help screen has very restricted styling options. We are currently looking into the possibilities what ways do we have available to provide more options than currently. No promises though - the whole selection list is a single control and it depends mostly on the backend rendering whether there will be a way for more detailed changes.

The buttons at the bottom of that window are selectable and can be styled but there also appears to be some issue in the kernel with patch level 300 in that sometimes styling changes don't get applied. So hopefully a later kernel patch should fix those - the problem has been noted.

If you want to restrict the selection list, this should be possible via scripting - essentially you'd have to script entering your filter criteria so that the available options are restricted.

As for the transaction buttons with those icons - you can assign icons to buttons which can have any color you like and you decide where the icon should be placed on the button.

Answers (0)