Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Event Management

former_member182454
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working on a shipper scenario whereby EM is to be integrated with TM along with QM in ECC.

Canyou inform  if there is any config guide available for EM integration with QM and what are the  documents based on which events are reported in QM

Secondly can EM 9.2 be integrated with EWM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Indraneel,

there is no standard scenario available for integration of EM with QM and therefore also no config guide.

EM can be integrated with EWM, but there is no standard content available for this. YOu would need to implement a custom solution for this. The EM application interface is available in SAP EWM. Therefore you can use this and integrate with EM with the same pattern as this is done in ERP. However, the recommendation here is to do the integration in a more indirect way. Since you can integrate EWM with ERP (e.g. for GI) and with TM (e.g. for loading and departure events), the integration for these events can then be done with ERP and TM to EM.

Best regards, Daniel

former_member182454
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was under assumption that we have std business process types -EPL_INSPLOT and NOTIF for integrating QM with EM?

Also can you throw more light as how the loading and departure events from EWM can be updated in TM. If there is std way to updating these events in TM from EWM then we can view the same in EM as well and that will perfectly fit our solution as well.

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Indraneel,

yes, you are right. I forgot about the business process type EPL_NOTIF for the integration of the malfunction notification. Config guide for the production malfunction scenario in which this is used you can find here: https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700005170392003E/configGuideProdMalf40.pdf . The corresponding scenario description can be found here: https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700002060162003E/ScenDescrProdMalf40.pdf

Business process type EPL_INSPLOT is available as well, but it is not used in one of the standard scenarios and therefore there is no config guide or scenario description available.

Regarding integration between EWM and TM you can check the content in the help portal for SAP TM:

I am not sure if there are differences between TM 9.1 and TM 9.2

Best regards, Daniel

former_member182454
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I observe that for transit warehousing scenario its only applicable for LSP hence I want to confirm if this works  also for shipper scenario where OTR/DTR is there and not FWO.

Regards,

Indraneel

ZenonK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Indraneel.

I'm working on a Shipper project (no FWO involved) where we connected EWM to TM and also have events reported in EM and sent to TM.  

I was surprised to see that EWM automatically sent events to TM.   I guess it would then be possible to forward these events to EM if needed.

My current challenge is to change the EWM events.   I'm hoping Daniel's links will give me a clue.

Cheers.

Zenon.

former_member182454
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know what is the trigeering point for event like loading begin or loading end. Is this something which is triigered in EWM when quantities are loaded in the truck inside the warhouse.

If yes, in my scenario I have a weigh bridge interface but not sure wheather it needs to be integrated with EWM or TM? May be the experts on this can advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indraneel,

We have standard business process types EPL_NOTIF and EPL_INSPLOT in SAP EM system.

EPL_INSPLOT -  FM QMEM_SCEM_INTERFACE_INSPLOT

EPL_NOTIF - FM NFEM_SCEM_INTERFACE_NOTIF:

Flow BAPI_QNOTIFICAT_CREATE -> Calls GENERATE_NOTIFICATION -> Calls SAP EM Interface NFEM_SCEM_INTERFACE_NOTIF

Flow BADI INSPECTIONLOT_UPDATE -> calls SAP EM interface QMEM_SCEM_INTERFACE_INSPLOT

You have to create custom events and AOT's to trigger in QM Quality Notification and QM Inspection Lot creation or making usage decision on inspection lots.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Indraneel,

transit warehouse scenario is not applicable for shipper scenarios, only for LSP scenarios.

Best regards, Daniel

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest that you post questions regarding the EWM - TM integration in the TM community.

Best regards, Daniel

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zenon,

I am not an expert in this, but as far as I know the messages sent from EWM to TM will update handling execution status of items and/or stops on the corresponding TM freight document and this triggers creation of corresponding execution information, which then can be sent as event messages to SAP EM.

Best regards, Daniel