cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SuccessFactors Sender Adapter - Polling and Messaging settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We have an sender SFSF adapter polling a background entity. There is no filtering and we are retrieving all the information in the table.

When it comes to configuring the communication channel, I would like to understand the relationship between below settings at processing tab:

- Maximum number of records per page (Batch Size)

- Maximum number of records per XI message

Let's analyse two different scenarios for an entity with 10 records in Sucess Factors.

FIRST SCENARIO

- Maximum number of records per page (Batch Size): 2

- Maximum number of records per XI message: 9

In this scenario just one message is created with 9 records.

SECOND SCENARIO

- Maximum number of records per page (Batch Size): 3

- Maximum number of records per XI message: 9

In this scenario just 2 messages are created, one with 9 records, and the other with 1 record.

What is the relationship between these two parameters? Depending on the configuration in scenarios where all the information is picked up from SF it can leave records without being picked up as it's showed above.

Many thanks for your feedback.

Kind regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

Many thanks for getting back to me.

If I stop and I restart the channel that is what is happening. I would expect the behavior you mentioned but apparently it does not work like this.

Any idea?

Kind regards,

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Philieas  why dont you try once without start/stop ,so that we can get an idea.

And also try keeping both the values same and check.

As per my understanding if both the values are 2,one message with 2 records should be fetched.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The behavior is exactly the same in case of scheduled polling.

I've scheduled the process to poll every three minutes with both configuration as below an I left the scenario run three times for each configuration.

An the behavior has been exactly the same where just one message (9 records) has been created for each iteration of the first configuration and two files (9  + 1 records) for the second configuration.

Mark in blue are the three files picked up with the first configuration.

Weird, isn't it?

Many thanks!

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Phileas,

Could it because of the data in the SFSF?

as per theory our understanding is correct.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maximum number of records per page (Batch Size) is theMaximum number of records that are retrieved during one polling cycle.

Maximum number of records per XI message-Is the number of records in one XI message.

So in a single poll all this is happening?