cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapjco.jar is depended on java version?means can we use old sapjco.jar in java 1.7?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sarika,

sapjco.jar is the JAR of JCo 2.1. It is supported only for JVMs up to Java 1.4. Hence, you should not use it with Java 1.7. Furthermore, JCo 2.1 is out of support for more than 2 1/2 years now. Therefore, you should use JCo 3.0 for your projects.

Best regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus,

This information is helpful for me

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

HAL9000
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sarika,

as you did not mark Markus reply as the correct answer but only as a helpful one, you seem to expect to get another reply.

So hopefully making this complete:

Markus is absolutely right. But you CAN use the old sapjco.jar in Java 1.7, but to stress it once again: you SHOULD NOT!

SAP does not support this and also never provided support for such a scenario in the past.

Some functionality of JCo 2.1 will not work with Java 7. Known issues are wrong field values and exceptions if working with java.math.BigDecimal instances and potential crashes if working with JCO.Throughput instances. JCo 2.1 was never tested in Java 1.7. Its usage within this environment is completely at your own risk.

Please see note 549268 for the official JCo 2.1 release and support strategy.

Best regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan

HAL9000
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Now after I have written a more detailed answer you changed Markus' reply from being helpful to be the correct one?

Thank you very much for not rewarding any points to mine!

I will know it better the next time...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for giving me that information it never happened again.

Stefan I tried to download sapjco3.jar file from http:websmp204.sap-ag.de/connectors it ask me for userid and password .

Can you tell me how to get the sapjco3.jar and from which site.

Thanks,

Sarika

HAL9000
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

JCo is only available to SAP customers and partners. So indeed, you need an appropriate S-User ID with SWDOWNLOAD authorization object to be able to download this software.

Please ask your local SAP Super-Administrator for getting such an ID and permission.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan.