Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOP - Structure Not yet maintain

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have done the following configuration, and at the end having subjected issue.

- MC21 create a info structure with reference to S076, and change the Characteristic to (Plant+Material) and Key Figure to (Sale+Net Price+Net Value).

- In MC7F I have change the planning method to Level by level Planning, and maintain the statistical currency USD and base unit of measure to PC.

- In MC8A create a profile (Planning Type) Z001 with the above newly generated info structure ZS01. But when I goes in the main screen I call the Structure (Sale+Net Price+Net Value), and leave blank in all the values.

- In MC93 while I will enter the Planning type Z001, so in next screen I seen the field Plant+material, when I enter the values in it and press enter system give me the following message.

Structure not yet maintained for this combination of characteristics

Message no. MA361

Please suggest what mistake I have done, plus is it necessary to enter some values in MC8A please elaborate with example, I am stuck here in this position.

Looking for the gurus feedback.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you created planning hierarchy  MC61 and calculated proportional Factors – MC9B?

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear R.Brahmankar,

I did't did this step, can you please just confirm me the logical reason to use this transaction.

and is it a one time activity from consultant side, or user have to create all this one time.

Looking for your response.

regards,

imran khan

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Error message MA361 is issued if no characteristics are maintained as members for the planning object to be processed.

Planning hierarchy contains the characteristic values for the characteristic combination for characteristics in information structure according to that you need to calculate proportion factor.

It's a one time activity

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear R.Brahmankar,

Thanks for your response.

But If as per above scenario I have 20 plants and 200 materials, so I have to maintain it individually one time in the system like,

Plant + material 1000+10002

Plant + material 1000+10003

Plant +material  1100+10002

please confirm, with thanks.

regards,

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes you have to maintain it for all the possible combination which you want to plan through SOP.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks,

One more thing if you could answer;

I have create a macro in MC8A, but every time i have to execute it for the result. like

1st column sales

2nd column Rate

3 column Value (sales x rate) i have define this formula but every time i go to macro and press execute button,

kindly suggest, with thanks.

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear R.Brahmankar,

My overall material have 2 different UoM, MCF (Metric cubic fit) and BAR (barrel), but in one info structure I have only maintain only one unit of measure as base unit of measure.

what is the solution.

because it i cant maintain here the base unit of measure system give me the error while using transaction mc61.

please reply, and ask if have any query, with thanks.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can execute a macro in the background

In MC8D define a background mass processing job for S&OP

Please refer consulting note  90292 - Usage of mass processing functionality

and wiki page LO-LIS pln - ERP Manufacturing (PP) - SCN Wiki

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If the actual data is created in a different unit of measure than the planning unit, when you access the planning table with an aggregated planning type the data is  converted into the planning unit.

Actual data stored in a unit of measure other than the planning unit is converted to the planning unit when accessing the Planning Table in Consistent Aggregated Planning. For this to occur, two conditions need to be met:  characteristics at least to material level must be specified when accessing the Planning Table, and the appropriate conversion factor must be entered in the relevant Material Master.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mean if there is no relationship in b/w barrel and MCF i have to use two different info structure, for two different material having no relationship in b/w conversion.

kindly reply.

regards,

imran khan

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

When you maintain the planning hierarchy of a flexible planning, the system does copy the units of measure of the materials whose unit of measure differs from the unit of measure of the info structure.

The base units of measure of materials are taken from the material master records. If the base unit of measure if a material is different than the base unit of measure of the information structure, you must define the base unit of the information structure as an alternative unit of measure in the material master record

Please refer SAP help link,

Planning Hierarchy Maintenance - Sales & Operations Planning (LO-LIS-PLN) - SAP Library

If you change the base unit of measure for an information structure that already contains planning data and for which a planning hierarchy was already created, you have to rebuild the planning hierarchy.

This is because the base unit of measure of the information structure is stored in each planning hierarchy entry.

If you create new entries in your planning hierarchy after the base unit of measure of the information structure is changed, they receive the new base unit of measure.  However, the old entries still contain the old base unit of measure and this leads to inconsistencies.

As a result, you must regenerate your planning hierarchy after you change the base unit of measure of the information structure.

See Note 500600 for information on how to regenerate your planning hierarchy.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you please elaborate it, i am confuse.

appreciate if you elaborate with simple example, with thanks.

regards,

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please go through the SAP help document link

You can use the same info structure you just need to have the conversion unit of measure defined in your material master. 

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar