Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN I RESTRICT ON PERSONNEL SUBAREA IN SAP HCM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

The standard PA authorizations P_ORGIN and P_ORGINCON do not have Personnel Subarea restrictions available unfortunately. The only standard options within these objects are Personnel Area, Employee Group and Employee Subgroup. I couldn't find any standard authorization objects for personnel subarea, I want to restrict the users at personnel subarea level where should I protect it. or the only way to create custom authorization object for personnel subarea. anyone knows kindly guide me.

Thanks,

Shassha.

6 REPLIES 6

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems like you can find an answer to your question in this blog. Search before posting is always a good idea.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin

Thank you for reply..

My question is i want to restrict personnel subarea authorization object level in the role. i couldn't find any authorization objects for personnel subarea.how/where i can get it and how i can restrict in the role??

Thank you,

Shassha.

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

not every requirement can be addressed using authorization objects delivered by SAP. Fortunately, SAP thought about it in case of HR and delivers a BADI that allows you to implement a custom authorization check. That blog describes how to do it. The main idea is that you still execute standard checks plus you introduce a new object that will work for your use case. In your case personnel subarea. Other than implementing this BADI you then have to update SU24 for all relevant transactions.

Cheers

Private_Member_25738
Participant
0 Kudos

Good morning Shasha,

Maybe you can use any of these authorization objects:

• P_USTR (HR)
  • C_EHSH_PER (EHS)

This authorization object are checking the Personel Subarea (BTRTL), you need to choose which authorization object is more usefull according with your requirement.

In the other side, you can create an Z authorization object assinging the field: BTRTL.

When you have the required authorization object (standard or non standard) you need assignt an Authority-Check (to check your auth.object) in the correspondint user-exit, etc. (standard program) or directly in the code (non standard program).

Please check it and let us know with anything.

Thank you very much.
Best regards.

0 Kudos

Dear Alejandro,

thank you for valuable information. i found it and am able to restrict now anything.

Thank you,

Shasha

Private_Member_25738
Participant
0 Kudos

A pleasure Shasha,

If any comment on this post was usefull for you, please add it as answered, etc. to know that it was solved

Thank you very much and if you have any doubt please let us know.

Best regards.