cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ERP 6.0 System Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,    

I'm currently experiencing issues with regards to ABAP system installation (SAP ERP 6.0 Support Release 3) via System Copy (R3load based), as per Netweaver 7.0, ASCS was introduced. At the latest SWPM (SWPM10SP09-06), it provided an option for not installing ASCS. After testing the recommendation which is to perform the following steps Global Host Preparation > Database Instance Installation > Central Instance Installation, I encountered a problem.

At the Global Host Preparation process, Unicode system option is disabled and ticked, our current system is Non-Unicode hence, I can’t proceed with the installation. Is there possibly another workaround since we don’t want to install ASCS? Or is the Global Host Preparation restricted to Unicode systems only? Your insights are very much appreciated.

- Migs

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Martina_Gállego
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel Angelo,

I think you must install the ASCS instance. All the SAP ERP 6.0 installations must have an ASCS instance. When you install an AS ABAP instance, the ASCS (ABAP SAP Central Services) containing the enqueue and the message server must be installed.

Hope this helps you.

Best regards,

Martina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martina,

I have already done and tested it before. We've encountered problems with regards to setting up of Single Sign On as we have to get both (Current and Target) systems running once we proceed with GoLive. There will be conflict with the message server since there will be 2 message server ports available (3600 and 3601). Our problem with this is that we have to use the same SID and SID change is not in our option. That's why I'm looking for another workaround since as per ASCS, its default instance number is 01.

Thank you for you reply.