Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantity Based Tax Conditions in TAXINN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have below mentioned observation:

Requirement:

As per the authority notification; VAT is specific value per quantity and not advalorm. For e.g. VAT is charges as Rs 10/unit.

Configuration:

Tax Procedure : TAXINN

Condition Config.

Condition type :      JINF (Created Fixed VAT condition only in SD Module)

Condition class:      D (Taxes)

Calculation type    : C ( Quantity)  

Condition Cat:        D(Tax)

Access Seq.:          Custom

Condition Record Creation:

As we are using TAXINN procedure; we are creating the tax records directly in SD module through VK11.

We have observed that when we try to create the record through VK11 -> system is not allowing us to maintain the record based on quantity. It is allowing to maintain only in percentage.

Request you to please guide on how to create the quantity based tax condition record through VK11.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

0 Kudos

Hi Nilay

Can you go to FTXP transaction and check how the settings have been maintained.

Regards

0 Kudos

I am not clear on the suggestion; can you please elaborate on which setting to check.

Also as we are using TAXINN procedure, FTXP will not have any relevance as far as SD documents (Order/Billing) are concerned.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the Tax Code you selecting while maintaining the condition record.

When you go to FTXP transaction, Select the country and Tax code.

Here ensure that Tax % rate is blank.

Then re-create the condition record.

Regards

0 Kudos

Yes, that i have ensured.

I am using the tax code "XX" and for that tax code nothing is maintained in FTXP. I have checked that.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

For TAXINN, condition records needs to be maintained using 357 table and I am not sure, which table, you have referenced and maintained.

Meanwhile, you can try a workaround as follows:-

Create a zee condition type (ZVAT) similar to your pricing condition type by differentiating the condition class and maintain condition record as you want in VK11. Next create one more condition type (ZINF) for tax and maintain in line with exactly what you mentioned in your original post. Calculation type for this can be set as Percent and condition record be set as 100%.  Needless to mention, this ZINF should be maintained in FV11 and not VK11.

Now in your pricing procedure, assign these two condition types of which, ZVAT can be set as statistical and in the next step, let ZINF can be assigned and no check box should be checked.

By doing so, now the system would fetch tax as desired by you.  Last but not least, since this being a statutory change, definitely, SAP would have given a provision to maintain the condition record as you want.  So in case, you are not sure, raise OSS message and get concurrence from them before trying the above suggestion

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Create a zee condition type (ZVAT) similar to your pricing condition type by differentiating the condition class and maintain condition record as you want in VK11. Next create one more condition type (ZINF) for tax and maintain in line with exactly what you mentioned in your original post. Calculation type for this can be set as Percent and condition record be set as 100%.  Needless to mention, this ZINF should be maintained in FV11 and not VK11.

Sir,

As mentioned above; currently am following the same work around.

However as per my current understanding; if we are using TAXINN pricing procedure then all the A/R sales tax related conditions will be maintained directly in SD module and there is no need of maintaining the same/creating the condition type in FI (T-code: OBYZ).

Thus, we have maintained all the sales tax related condition also through VK11 and not through FV11.

Also, standard TAXINN procedure is not having any of the A/R sales tax related condition (unlike TAXINJ where sales tax condition are part of both SD pricing & TAXINJ).

Thus, i am confused on the last part of statement. Why sales tax related condition are require to be maintained through FV11.

Thanks.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have observed that when we try to create the record through VK11 -> system is not allowing us to maintain the record based on quantity. It is allowing to maintain only in percentage.

What error System is throwing-Tell us first with screen shot...

Are you using the same condition type created in V/06 & using in VK11?

Phanikumar

0 Kudos

While maintaining the value through T-code "VK11"-> even though the condition type has been defined as quantity based condition.

It is not allowing to maintain the same in quantity, as the fields of Per/UOM are not available. Thus, I am not able to maintain the value for specific units.

If I attach same table to other "Z" condition; then i can maintain the value in specific unit; only once the same is maintained as tax condition i am facing the above issue.

Thanks.