Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TM 9.3 Keep edit mode after save

Clark_Huang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

All documents like Forwarding Order/Agreement/TU/FU keep the edit mode after saving in TM9.3.

The behavior is different with the previous TM version.

Do you know what is the advantage of this updating and how the standard team achieve this?

Best Regards

Clark Huang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194343
Participant
0 Kudos

Guess there must have been a change in the FPM/FBI framework because these buttons are "framework actions" which can be automatically inserted by the framework. I try to recall from my TM910 course because I think we had some issue there which was also related to this, but I don't remember anymore...

Advantage: You can save your work and continue without clicking "Edit" again 🙂

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member194808
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Clark,

We are also upgrading to SAP TM 9.3 and experiencing the same behaviour. I was wondering what the impact is on locking because prior to 9.3 the lock would apply as soon as you change a document(forwarding order/Freight order) and the document would be unlocked as soon as you save. So I was wondering if the document remains in edit mode when will the locking removed....

Our experiece with sap TM 9.3 is that the locking has changed from exclusive lock to optimistic lock.

We have seen that 2 users can have the same document(forwarding order/freight order) in edit mode and make changes  in the document(before SAP TM 9.3 document would remain in display mode and user would get message like "FWO 12345 currently locked by user 987"). However one of the users gets a warning that the document already been changed in a paralel sesion. Did you experience the same behaviour in your system?

Kind regards,

Benno Mateman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clark,

as far I can remember there is a way to create an endless edit mode. I was not sure anymore how to do this. So I searched a little. Maybe what I found is not fully correct, but it seems to me.

This is done via the Controller Class (/SCMTMS/CL_UI_CONTROLLER_CMN) and the Application Configuration (/SCMTMS/WDCC_APPCC). I hope the screenshots will help you. Take a look on EDIT LOCK MODE in Application Configuration and then to the MV_ENDLESS in the Controller Class method ~SET_APPCONFIG_SETTINGS and how this influence the edit mode in Controller Class method ~SAVE.

The purpose is probably the same as Michael stated: You can save intermediate step and do not need to press Edit again to proceed. I like this, since in older releases it was a little anoying.

Hope this helps you,

Rajiv