Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data from SAP ECC6.0 to SAP ECC6.0 EHP7

former_member210158
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We want to move our data from SAP System which is ECC6.0 to the SAP system EHP7.

Could any one suggest how to do it?

Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

1.  I think moving the data from SAP ECC 6(Lower version) to ERP 6 EHP7 is not possible.

2. You can perform the either upgrade the existing system to EHP7 or do the system copy from current to target system and then do the EHP7 upgrade.

Regards

SS

former_member210158
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sriram could you explain more about system copy from current to target system (i don't want to do the up-gradation, after copying data to EHP7 i will remove my earlier system)

2. Remote Client Copy and Export Import what are they for?

Regards

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

1. For System copy on existing system Export and target system import with same version (ECC 6) Kindly refer the SAP system copy from following SAP link

SAP NetWeaver Guide Finder

2. On the Target system after system copy completed, Do the EHP 7 upgrade from current ECC6

3. If you want to perform the client copy source and target version should be same. Kindly refer more information about the client copy

Regards

SS

former_member210158
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am disappointed Sriram...

we need that data to be moved to new system.... How?

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Satish

From my experience new installation of SAP system is slight easy, at same time existing SAP system migration and upgrade are major one. In your case you have to follow the steps which I already provided my early communications. or you can check with any ABAPer or Function consultant to find any other way. or raise the SAP Support ticket about your requirement.

You can check the SAP Note 1388258 along with PDF, details of SAP version interoperability of SAP Business Suite

Regards

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

Are you are asking about a update/upgrade of your ERP6 system to EHP7 or are you asking how to perform data exchange between two systems of differing versions.

KR,

Amerjit

former_member210158
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Data exchange between two systems of differing versions Amerjit...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

If you can expand on what you want to achieve. What data do you want to exchange ? Exchange master data/transaction data ?

There are supported methods of data exchange between SAP systems of differing versions eg:ALE.

As I said, please expand on what you are wanting to achieve and you'll get more pertinent answers.

KR,

Amerjit

former_member210158
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Amerjit,

I need both Master data and Transaction data and i should use this data for further purpose.

like i need all the company codes, plants, material data, equipment data, functional location data etc......

is there any way?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

It sounds like you are essentially wanting all the data in your EHP7 system in your non EHP7 system and not just a subset. Please correct me if I am wrong in that assumption.

If that is the case  ALE/LBMW wouldn't be of sufficient help given the data volumes.

I see somewhere you mentioned a remote client copy, that won't be possible either as your DDIC will be different on both systems.

If your end goal is to have a copy of your existing EHP7 system then as suggested by SS, why don't you just do a system copy ?

KR,

Amerjit

former_member210158
Active Participant
0 Kudos

My concern is only about the data which i had created in the system. The objects i have created in it.