cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Source Universe on top if Bex Query in IDT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to create a multi source universe in IDT. Using BEX Query's OLAP Connections.

I created a Project, and created a two OLAP connections. But when tried to create a Data Federation layer, i am not able to see the connections that i created.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Multi Source Universe is For Relational Universes not For OLAP. So you can not create multi source universe on OLAP connections.

Former Member
0 Kudos

is it possible to create relational connection to the Bex Queries??

if yes how can I do that.

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can't create the relational connection on top of BEx queries.BEx queries direct connectivity is possible by BICS connection which is OLAP.

Relational connection is supported for BW DSO/Cube/Mulitprovider.

Amit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My understanding is that this functionality will be available in 4.2

It was available in XI3.1SP3 but was replaced in 4.0 by a Webi/BICS solution that consumes each query at a report level.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sorry, that's not the case - BI4.2 will only allow the definition of a "Business Layer" ontop of a BICS OLAP Connection - effectively creating a .unx-universe for a specific bex query.    (yes, like the 'old' XI3.1 MDX .Unv for BW OLAP BAPI)

To confirm it again the other way:  MultiSource universes  are not possible ontop of OLAP connections . Not even in 4.2 - because the MSU uses  ther relational Data Federator SQL join-engine. 

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for clearing that up Henry - second hand announcement to me so nice to know what is actually happening.