cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time profile data load error

Former Member

Hi,

I am loading Timeprofile by web UI. I have period of 3 years in past & 2 years in future.

I have arranged the data in such a way that Periodid is not overlapping.

Parentid of month is maintained as periodid for that corresponding year.

But I get these below errors in ‘full report’

Unable to find the PERIODID for the PARENTID in the other rows

Missing PERIODID for PARENTID 5081

Please suggest the corrections required in file.

Screenshots are attached.

Thanks

Karthi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor

Dear Karthi

First, I VERY strongly recommend to start over from scretch and delete your file...

Reason:

It is NOT at all a good idea to work WITHOUT number ranges!!!

If some day you will have requirement to check on e.g. every January, than it is NOT possible with your way of working as not every 12th' entry is a January

Give number ranges for each bucket type

Example:

All month are within 2000 and 2999

All quarter are within 3000 and 3999

All year are within 4000 and 4999

All days - if one day you would need it - are > 10000

Second, providing the way you have it - just rolling- means that you have to re-load every month --- not good! Enhance your horizon for time profile and load full years. You dont have weeks, so it is easy to compound a file. Do it from e.g. January 2012 til December 2017, so 6 years = 6 * 12 months in the file. That alone does not take any space in the database, but it prevents you from puzzling the file new every month, but you have 2 years break.

Third, there are quite a lot of threads around the topic, and several people have provided example files. Just take one of them, or the one attached

Irmi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Dear Irmi & Shwetank,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Issue is resolved by maintaining separate number ranges for Month & Year period id.

Also i have maintained this file for complete Horizon.

Thanks

Karthi.

Former Member

Hi Karthi,

I think you need to define all the months in the year 2012 and 2017. Also plz define the year completely from 1st Jan to 31st Dec for both the years 2012 and 2017 also.

Plz try this and let me know if it works.

Regards,

Shwetank