cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use a variant configured group BOM with SAP PS (configurable network - strategy 85)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenario is that the organization wants to implement assembly processing with networks for their MTO variant configured scenario.

The super BOM is maintained as a group BOM i.e. without any assignment to a plant. The plants are determined through special procurement key on the material master.

Also the super BOM has multiple variant levels, phantom assemblies and class items. Will this kind of master data set up work with PS configured networks?

When we assign the group BOM to a standard network, the system requires us to enter a plant. This doesn't transfer all the components.

Any advice on this will be of great help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunil.

I have reviewed these links but they still dont provide the answers that I am looking for.

The elevator example is a rather simple model.

It only has the header material as a variant configurable material with non-configurable semifinished materials at lower levels.

I am curious to know if this will work with a complex arrangement where the super BOM has multiple variant levels, phantom assemblies and class items.

I am essentially looking for someone with experience in working in this scenario who can tell me this can be done with minimal customization.