cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC and 'retraction' using SAP delivered IBP virtual providers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am about to implement a planning solution with BPC 10.1 for NW on an embedded BI. I have done plenty of implementations with BPS/IP and know a fair bit about retraction with those technologies.

Since SAP delivers the IBP content I figured I ought to try using it instead of inventing the wheel anew.

After having captured the planning data within BPC business users now expect to see it in the ERP tables.

Hence, I am trying the following set-up using the SAP delivered virtual provider /ERP/COOM_V06 as target and my own cube as source containing the plan data:

In the FOX the data is written to the virtual provider (at this point only dummy data):

The trace claims that one record was generated (which is expected):

By clicking 'Save Planning Buffer' the data is saved to the DB:

So WHERE is the data saved to???

In the definition of the virtual provider it is not possible to find what table (and client) the data is written to. It invokes CL_FCOM_IP_IPROV_WRITABLE, but debugging it does not really help.

Are stored procedures invoked? If yes, where is it possible to see which ones?

SAP has delivered all these IBP functionalities that could serve as templates for own implementations, but it seems as if there is a distinct lack of documentation on how they can be used.

Thanks for any help/clarification.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, for instance for CC planing data is stored in COSP_BAK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aleksey. As soons as I have access to the system I will check it.

Is there any way to know that /ERP/COOM_V06 writes the data to COSP_BAK without posting messages on SCN or trial-and-error? Is it dokumented somewhere or is there a table where this can be seen or some other mean to gain this knowledge?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can only advice to investigate function which is responsible for retraction data. Unfortunately I didn't encounter such documentation yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aleksey but which function "is responsible for retraction data" ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, go to tcode RSPLAN, Ithink you need Planning func. /ERP/SFIN_A09_PF01, go to Parameters and check abap code

Former Member

Hi, seems there is no any FM's in "RSPLAN, Ithink you need Planning func. /ERP/SFIN_A09_PF01" which is responsible for data retraction, only for manipulation on worksheet.

But you can find it anyway.

In Integration IBP and ERP query go to analysis- information tab, here you can see Info Provider, e.g. /ERP/SFIN_A09. Then got to RSA1 and find required Virtual provider, e.g. /ERP/COOM_V03, which Based on Function (Class) CL_FCOM_IP_IPROV_WRITABLE.

Then go to se24, put this class and  drill down to required METHOD, E.G. POST_CCTR_PRIM_SEC_DATA, here you can see that BAPI_COSTACTPLN_POSTPRIMCOST is called.