cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO Period Structure - Months to weeks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi users,

I've set up a Period Split to execute on transfer to ERP as below with the distribution function "Even" set up with 5 periods evenly distributed. We have the forecast splitting across the work days according to the calendar as it should.

But in the planning book itself, how can I change the periods from months to weeks using period structure and end up with the same result as the  Period Split simulation it generates from /SAPAPO/SDP_SPLIT. I have used one of the SAP weeks period structure that has weeks set up when choosing the new period structure.

I'm unable to make the interactive planning book period change result close to what it the simulation generates (or when it transfers to ERP).

Is this not designed this way?

Any help on this is appreciated.

thanks

Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

In planning book, you can use below button to change peiodicity to display the data, however it only displays data in liveCache - in which disaggregation is done in liveCache. However in period split function, splitting is done using ABAP coding, so it does not follow the logic as in planning book. This means you cannot simulate period split in planning book, but you can use the simulation function in the period split screen.

Hope this clarifies your question.

BR, Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ada. I'll see if anyone else has further comments.

Answers (0)