Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create mass user ids in SAP Netweaver 7.4 AS ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I've a requirement of creating mass user ids in SAP Netweaver 7.4 AS ABAP system.

In the earlier releases I used to do it via eCATT scripts but it is not working anymore in 7.4 versions.

Since I need to maintain parameters like lastname, firstname and email ids during user id creation, so SU10 tcode is not suitable for this requirement.

Kindly help and share if there is any alternate for eCATT scripts in Netweaver 7.4 systems.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Amit Bharti

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried LSMW?

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the only thing that does not work any more with eCATT is assigning roles. This got broken when SAP switched to new screens that use component that is not supported by eCATT. If you need to do this as well then already mentioned LSMW that can use BAPI will allow you to create the users. I guess the main question is why you have to do this? Why there is no identity management system in place that will do it automatically for you. Not that you can quickly change it.

Cheers

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

I am not sure, check this SAP Note for Mass user id actions

1927767 - Mass DBMS User Management

Regards

SS

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use FM BAPI_USER_CREATE1 to create mass user master data.

0 Kudos

Hi Michale,

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried using this FM but couldn't find any SAP documentation or any help in google.

Can you please share any document explaining how to use this FM for user creation?

Regards,

Amit Bharti

0 Kudos

Check class CL_SWF_CST_RFC_DEST method CREATE_USER. FM is used inside the method.

santiobejero
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

SAP GUI Script should help you with your problem. However the script parameters in the system should be activated. I would suggest, the following steps to save time:

1. Create all users via SU10. (If the users have same set of roles, you may assign the roles as well)

2. Update the parameters you need to change in User Master Records such as Last Name, First Name etc.

3. Assign the roles via script in PFCG as well.

Thanks,

Santi

0 Kudos

I cannot recommend activating GUI scripting, otherwise all sorts of parasite tools attach themselves to the system..

Correct approach is BAPI if SU10 does not work for the scenario.

Cheers,

Julius

niteshgupta87
Active Participant
0 Kudos

eCatt scripts very well works with 7.4 AS ABAP system. Just record your script for all user maintenance options except role assignments.