cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMIR Change Impact.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Afternoon,

We currently had a rolled out SAP to a new company our client purchased. They where conducting all of the sales and Shipping from the new company but now we want to change the Plant Information in the CMIR to the customers main plant.

I know moving forward this will just adopt the changes made in the CMIR as this overrides the Customer Master and Material Master with relevant SD information my question was what impact will this have in the changes made before the change was made. I am fairly certain that unless orders are already created in the system and saved (which would have to be redetermined manually) it should have no back incidence to the past. I just want to make sure I am not missing out on any critical detail that this might have either on reporting or FI/CO or MM for the orders and deliveries that were already executed.

Thank you very much for your insight.

G~

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I don't think changing CMIR will impact on created sales orders. You can change plant with VA05 or Mass change before or after changing CMIR.

Thanks,

Kaushal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the only change will be the delivery Plant from BP01 to BP02. No other fields are going to be changed.

We do have EDI/Interface in place where we receive the customer material number.

I am not sure if this is going to affect unless there are any EDI inbound after the change. But In the begining if there are any without the changed plant we could have them changed manually in the sales order and I dont think it would be that many. Then again I would try to make the changes when there are as least Idocs as possible. But I still dont know if this mught generate any errors in the previous changes on reporting or anything else.

Any help would be great.

Thanks Srinivas,

G~

former_member182805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is the only change the delivering plant in the CMIR? Are any other fields going to be changed?

Do you have any Interface/EDI in place where you receive sales orders with the customer's material number and the interface automatically replaces it with the internal material numbers?

Are Customer material numbers/customer material descriptions printed on any forms (order confirmations/Bill of lading/billing document?