cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 2.0 switching flavors while using shortlink

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We have developed some flavors to run on top of the pp02 transaction, when navigating to the transaction manually the application performs as expected. However we run into some errors when using the generated shortlink.

When navigating to the application via the shortlink our application often fails to switch between flavors (Functionality that works without the shortlink).

We have applied SAP Note 1964257 and its dependent notes.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

How do you switch the flavor in your script? Are you using the flavor GUID or the name?

Former Member
0 Kudos

To switch flavors I am passing the name of the flavor

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Try to see if switching flavors using the flavor's GUID fixes the issue.

Switching flavor with the name has been deprecated with Personas 2.0 SP3, so while the name can still be used, the recommended method is specifying the GUID when switching flavors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I get the GUID for a flavor in SP4?

I have tried this approach, but clicking on the flavor title does not copy anything to my clipboard.

Personas 2.0 SP03 Features - SAP Imagineering - SCN Wiki

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you are in ver.1.0 SP4 then flavor switching via the GUID won't work. This was introduced with the latest SP which for ver. 1.0 is SP5.

Sounds like you should upgrade to SP5 anyway, to get all those new features the linked page is talking about.

With the latest support package, the flavor ID is visible in the admin transaction when you display the flavor data.

former_member195167
Participant
0 Kudos

Try adding a 'Refresh Screen' action before the Switch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a refresh before and after switching the flavor by name, this approach works unless the user accesses the application via shortlink.

When click the button to switch to another flavor, the flavor name will switch in the flavor bar, however, the flavor will not load.