cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tables memory usage?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We plan to replicate the tables from our SAP system (replication server running with MS SQL database) to HANA Database.

We would like to calculate the memory usage of each table in SAP system before replicating its tables to HANA database.

From SAP system (transaction DB02) i get the memory usage of a table as 17 MB but the same table shows 15 MB after the executing the SQL query from SQL database.

Why do we get this difference? Any ideas, please?

Thanks & best regards,

Sreenu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenu.

Could you share the screen shot of ST04 transaction page. In that what is the MS Sql DB size and free space?

I think you may require to do the DB shrink to release the free space in DB files in MS Sql DB.

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

I see in ST04, we have enough free database disk space 83GB and also memory free space 70GB.

I would like to know the answer to my below query:

From SAP system (DB02), i get the momory usage of a table as 17 MB but the same table shows 15 MB after executing the SQL query from SQL Database.

Any ideas, on this?

Thanks,

Sreenu

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenu

When your are checking the table size in transaction code DB02 or ST04(Only in MS Sql DB you can use the transcation) "table size = data used + Unused space", at the same time when your are executing the Query in Sql Query it will show only data used space. I think in your case also same think physical size of the table space 17 Mb  from the query its showing 15 Mb 2 mb may be unused space.

Refer the MS Sql DB using the transaction ST04 or DB02 you can check the table detail.

Regards

SS