cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to export Java from BI 7.01 Dual Stack System Using 70SWPM

0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am working on BI 7.0 Enhancement pack1 which is a dual stack system (ABAP+JAVA in one system) .My goal is to split Java from ABAP .

My DB is Oracle 12.1 .I am using software provisioning manager 70SWPM  SP09 to do the split(option dual stack split) .I am using Keep DB option .I am trying to export the java as the first step and it is failing.I am getting this  error "

"Dual-Stack Split for usage type Process Integration (PI) is not supported."

I dont know where sapinst is finding it a PI systems .I have checked all profile parameters but it is erring out with above error message and it aborts the sapinst after the error.

I have two questions

1. Am I doing anything wrong or is there  any bug in 70swpm?

2. Has anybody done NW7.0 split with standard SWPM (not 70swpm)

Please help.

Thanks

Amit

steps :

Split procedure

1. Download swpm(70SWPM.SAR) for NW7.0 systems from marketplace .
  2. Cretated a dir in system  under /usr/sap/swpm and Extracted the file using SAPCAR
  3. Ran sapinst sudo ./sapinst and you get this screen where I chose option

Select keep database option>Central or distributed system

Select export central instance of DUAL –stack system

Error

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

Please post the output of the following URL:

http://<host>:<J2EE Port>/utl/UsageTypesInfo

The above will show you what usage types are installed on your J2EE.

Kind Regards,

Amerjit

0 Kudos

Hi Amerjit

Thanks for response.Here is the output .

I am seeing PI is also one of the component.Not sure how it was installed.Please help me to advice how to get rid of PI component also.

Thanks

Amit

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit.

You can perform the normal system copy export and in the target just import the BI/portal  java stack.

You may not remove the PI duals tack.

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

There are ways to remove usage types but you would probably fall foul of "unsupported" unless it's done by SAP hands.

I would open a message with SAP and ask them the way forward explaining you want to do a DSS on a system where a usage type (PI/MI) was inadvertently installed but has never been and is not used.

The suggestion to perform a system copy does not resolve your problem as even with the copy method the usage types would still be there.

Kind Regards,

Amerjit

0 Kudos

Thanks Amerjit

I have resolved the issue by deleting PI/MI usage type entries from the table sapsr3db.BC_SL_ACTIVE_PARTS .

Thanks Everyone.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Amit,

Thanks for the feedback. Suggested by SAP ?

Amerjit

0 Kudos

I did not go to SAP. I read some other posts where they  followed the same procedure .

Thanks

Amit

Answers (0)