cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TO Split then consolidate in staging area?

former_member394223
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This isn't another discussion on TO splitting!

In SAP WM, after a TO split, how in the standard system do we bring the TOs together again?

For example, we have our TO splitting set to increase efficiency so that an outbound delivery is split across 3 TOs.

These TOs are picked by separate resources.

But now after picking, the TOs need to be brought back together again prior to packing, so that the delivery is despatched in one consignment.

I have seen this achieved only with business process workarounds.

Is there anything available in standard WM that provides a solution to this?  I can't see anything.

Strangely, the SAP documentation completely overlooks this issue!

So basically the requirement is - if there are multiple TOs for one delivery they need to be directed to a staging area and then collectively moved to  packing.  Also need to ensure that they go to the SAME packing station.

Any hints or tips gratefully received.

Thanks

Guy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I believe that using sort location (LIKP-BEROT) assignment would meet your requirement but only through customization.

"Picked items location

Identifies the specific location in the loading area where, after picking, an item is assembled for packing and loading.

Use

If your warehouse procedures require it, you can arrange for picked items to be assembled in boxes, trays, or bins in the loading area, prior to packing and loading. The location you specify in this field appears on the picking list."

We have a suit of Zcodes created for this functionality. During delivery release (TO creation) the custom routines will assign a sort location (update BEROT) and the location will print on our pick labels so after picking the picks are combined at the specif sort location mentioned in the delivery. The location and delivery details are written to custom tables where the entries can be viewed/updated via second custom Zcode and will clear automatically from third program for clearing (run via batch job).

So one transaction for sort assignment, one for sort location monitoring/manual updates, and finally one for clearing in the background after goods issue or complete packing of all existing cartons to higher level HU.

Through customization we are able to automatically "sort" our delivery picks to the correct area based on various business requirements (route, shipping conditions, grouping based on ship-to party).

Aside from customization there is the concept of "doors" that you may be able to leverage but the functionality if fairly limited.

Door - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Library

Hope this gives some food for thought 🙂

former_member394223
Participant
0 Kudos

Food for thought indeed....thanks!

I had a look at the 'Picked Items Location', as this sounded promising.

Interesting to note that you had to do a custom development in order to meet your needs.

There really doesn't seem to be anything dynamic / clever in this area.

Same with door determination...its all very static.

I'm really surprised that there aren't more discussions on this topic....surely its a common issue??

We will use a manual offline process to begin with......then look to develop something.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Guy

Answers (0)