cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ECC 60 IDES installation - start instance issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP installation when starting the instance fails with the following error. I couldn't find more information. Are there any other logs/traces associated with it?OR have any one seen this error in the past. I searched oss notes and forums, but couldn't find anything specific to this error. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Sundar.

INFO 2007-04-21 09:40:59

State of instance TE2/DVEBMGS00 changed from ABAP: STARTING to ABAP: STARTING.

ERROR 2007-04-21 09:40:59

CJS-30105 Instance TE2/DVEBMGS00 reached state UNKNOWN after having state STARTING. Giving up.

ERROR 2007-04-21 09:40:59

FCO-00011 The step start with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|11|0|NW_CI_Instance_Start|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|start was executed with status ERROR .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem looks like with invalid user id and pw.

Windows tries (i think) to start the sapservice by loggin into oracle with localhost+userid. But oracle user id for sapservice is created without local host.

I tried to create the same with local host,but failed due to max lenght reached for user id in oracle.

1. Anyone knows how to make windows not to try with localhost but just with sapservice user id?

2. Or without doing reinstallation, can i change the host name of server and how many places do I have to change the reference of hostname?

Any one can help me on this?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

A database user generated out of a operating system user (OPS$-user) is build on the Oracle Windows client as follows:

OPS$<DomainName|LocaComputername>\<os account name>.

Windows based database servers will need those names in order to allow SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=NTS.

have a look at SAP note 50088 for more details.

peter