cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sm59 error in ecc -connecting to po

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to connect my Ecc system with my newly installed Sap PO.

I have created RFC destination in Ecc sm59 but it throws the error as :

Error Details      ERROR: Transaction program not registered

I have created Destination in PO and I was able to ping Ecc successfully.

I have configured the properties of Inbound RA in PO as recommended with just one exception that

As per the SAP recommendation the value of  Parameter MaxReaderThreadCount should be 5 to 10 .However, when we change it to any other value then 0.it fails and gives error.

So can this be the reason that RFc destination fails.If yes how can we resolve this.

Thanks

Naveen Tripathi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Our basis team managed to resolve the max thread count issue.

But still RFC is not working fine and throwing the error as :

Can anyone suggest what could be teh issue?

Thanks

Naveen

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

• Check the default trace logs to find out what is exact error when RFC server program trying to register in gateway.
  • Also try to register the program in ECC gateway by setting the parameter local = false and see it works

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Where can i check the trace log?

• Also try to register the program in ECC gateway by setting the parameter local = false and see it works

And how to execute this step.can you please elaborate.

Regards

Naveen

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

• NWA->Troubleshooting->Logs and Traces->Log Viewer
  • You can register the program in ECC like below:

• Make sure XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION exist under destinations in NWA which is pointing to ECC

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Praveen,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes the program ID was already registered in NWA.

rfc setting in sm59 ecc

And gateway host and service is of po.

we have newly migrated PO frpm PI ,can you plz suggest if some seeting got missed during migration??

I migrated sld and esr  via tpz and directory via migration tool

former_member183816
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you cross check your RFC logon data like user type, user name, password etc for gateway host and service, defined in 1-> 5th step of this blog.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ambuj,

All the settings are done as mentioned in blog above ,but still RFC not working.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Change the local to false and maintain ECC gate way parameters like below then this program will be registered in ECC gateway.

In ECC RFC destination change the gate way parameters to ECC gateway parameters and try.

Regards,

Praveen.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveem,

AFAIK the 748 error means the program id is registered but not accessible. Check this note 2075799 - ERROR: Error (Msg EGW 748 not found) [VIDEO]

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I already tried this option but no sucess.

Regards

Naveen

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Did you check the default trace?? there you will get more details about registration error.

• NWA->Troubleshooting->Logs and Traces->Log Viewer

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveen,

Today again tried with the above settings and it worked for me,In SM59 ecc i just provided the program id and left gateway server and host as blank.

Then I was able to trigger IDOC from ECC to PO.

But i was just wondering If I have to send IDOC from BW to PO.

what all changes do i need to make.

Thanks

Naveen

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

You need to configure multiRepository property of inboundRA resource adapter. Check below document for IDOC_AAE configurations.

Regards,

Praveen.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

Can you please help as how to check in SAP PO Java only stack.

I am using below blog of li to configure the setting:

But for Resource: inboundRA
           Resource type: Resource Adapter
            Property: MaxReaderThreadCount

Whenever I put any value other than 0 it goes to error.I think this is the main cause of error.

Can any one please help in resolving this error.

Regards

Naveen

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

It is not going in to error because of changing maxThreadCount. I would like you to try my suggestion once. If doesn't work you can ofcourse roll back.

In InboundRA, give following parameter

program id -- <some prog id?

local = false

gatewayServer = ECC host/ip

gatewayService = sapgw<ecc instance num? eg- sapgw00

maxThreadcount = 5 or 10

Then, as you are saying your inboundRA is in Red (Error) if it is 5 or 10. After changing all parameters as suggested above click on inboundRA of type Resourcea adapter and click on more actions and select Start application.

It will redirect you to a page as below , java application start and stop page

Just STOP the inboundRA application here and start again. it must get started  (dnt forget to refresh to see whther it got started or not) and then come back to application resources and check your inboundRA

SM59

Simply give program id in SM59 and no need mentioning any host and gateway service. Do a connection test.

Try it , I am sure it will work.

regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Vikas,

Thanks for your reply.

I did exactly as said above by you but again the inboundRA went into error.And even on start /stop .its has the same error.

One possible solution for resolving this issue that I found on sap site is using note 2065447.

It involves some basis activities,So i have forwarded the same to them.

Will keep you posted about the result.

Thank you very much again for your help!!!

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Can you check in gw/reg_info if the program id is registered there? Aside from that, what is the error you are getting when changing the parameter greater than 0? Have you tried SCC4?

Regards,

Mark

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

i don't know I can solve your query in one attempt or not as u have not provided any information like screenshot.

1. In inboundRA - local=true or local= false... If local = true then , no need of giving gateway server or gateway service.

If it is false, then in gwserver and gwserver give host of ECC or IP.. and in gwservice -  sapgw<inst no. of sap ecc>

2. Are you giving any gateway host and service in SM59 tcp ip connection . If yes what have you given there.. if in inboundRA local is true then you need to provide SAP PI gwhost and gwservice in SM59 destination.

If in inboundRA local = false, then in sm59 only mention program id no need to mention anything in gwhost and service.

3. Now even after all this, you get an error then you have problem with security settings... terms to look for is reg_info, sec_info, acl_mode... Not gonna mention at this point as want to see what exactly is your configuration.

regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vikas,

Thanks a lot for your response.

. In inboundRA - local=true or local= false... If local = true then , no need of giving gateway server or gateway service.

This parameter is set as true

Are you giving any gateway host and service in SM59 tcp ip connection . If yes what have you given there.. if in inboundRA local is true then you need to provide SAP PI gwhost and gwservice in SM59 destination

I have provided the host and service of sap po here in ecc

I also set these parameters as gw/acl_mode" and "gw/reg_no_conn_info" as 0 in Ecc,but still no success and same error.

Also again not to forget, keep maxThreadCount 5/10 and if local is false, and gwserver and gwservice has details of ECC system.

When I am changing this value to other than 0 its goes into error

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay Naveen,

Then it might be the issue that the security setting of SAP PO is not allowing a program id to get registered on its gateway,

There is a file in usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global- ms_info_acl.dat

need to maintain parameter gw/acl_file= <path of above file> and restart the java instance then PO gateway allows program id to be registered.

Also, the SAP PO gateway service provided should be - SAPGW<sid+1> eg. if PI instance is 00 then gwservice will be sapgw01 in sm59 destination.

I will suggest you one easy method to make this happen, as you have alreay have maintained ge/acl_mode=0 in ECC

just make following configuration

InboundRA

maxThreadCount = 5 or 10

local = false

gatewayServer = host of ECC / IP of ECC

gatewayService = sapgw<instance no./system no. of ECC> --

SM59 Destination

No need to mention any thing in gateway host and gateway service. Remve whatever entry is there. In your case you have given PO host and gwservice , just remove it and keep it blank.

Save and do connection test. Hope this will solve it

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I set both the parameter as mentioned

gw/acl_mode" and  "gw/reg_no_conn_info" as 0 in Ecc,but still no success and same error.

Please help

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Did you change gw/acl_mode=0 in the instance profile..If you have changed it in instance profile then you need to restart the server for profile to take effect.

Also again not to forget, keep maxThreadCount 5/10 and if local is false, and gwserver and gwservice has details of ECC system.

Then go to tcode - smgw, click goto at the top and select logged on clients, and see if you can see your program id (which you mentioned in inboundRA) in the screen.

Regards,

Vikas

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos