cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP APO DP - Multiple forecast profiles for different business

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have one business requirement wherein we have to set up Forecasting model for different business group of client.

Current Situation - We run one forecasting model for Sales History. There is one planning book, planning area , background job and selection profile for current business.

New Requirement - Customer will have three market segment. Each market will have different Forecast profile. We need to sort material based on market segment and apply Forecast model to those material.

My understanding - I need to create 3 selection profiles for 3 market segments and apply different Forecast profile for respective selection profile. I believe . This is very high level thought.

I need detailed inputs on how to maintain 3 forecast profiles in one planning area and planning book.

Your response is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

PKM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Yes you can define multiple forecasting profiles as per your requirement and assign them to your planning Area.

You need to define Master Forecast profile and corresponding Univariate/MLR Profile to it - similarly you can define multiple profiles too. And for execution you can do it  interactively from planning book or background jobs as per the process you follow.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alok,

Thanks for your inputs.

I still have one doubt. How to apply different forecast models to products in same planning book/planning area?

e.g. I have 10 products in one Planning area/book. 5 from steel business and 5 from chemical business. I want to apply trend model for Steel business and Seasonal model for chemical business.

How to apply these two forecast profiles in same planning book?

Regards,

Prasad

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Once you have defined the master forecast profiles and assigned Univariate profile to it.

Navigate back to //SDP94 - Load the selection 1 for which you want to run the trend model and then select the corresponding forecast profile by selecting the yellow icon and selecting your model from the drop down as shown below -

So basically you can run different models from the same planning book by loading the required selection in the planning book and then running the required model on it.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

Thanks for your inputs.

But still whenever we run this forecast profile it will be applicable to all Customers/Products in Planning Book.

I don't want to run forecast profile to all Customers/Product. I want to apply specific forecast profile applicable on specific set of Customers only. How can I do that.

Regards,

Prasad

former_member225716
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad,

Whatever selection you loaded in planning book or selction in Background job, forcast will run only for those selections. It will not run for all.

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Sachin. I needed confirmation on this point only.

Answers (0)