cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel a Sales Order subsequent documents by the SO number only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts;

I am FI consultant at site and we do not have SD consultant so when there is any SD issue may appear after the implementation it is directed to me.

the implementer company made a collective screen to do all the sales process in one step through running the standard screens in the back ground to facilitate and speed up the process.

when user creates an order it automatically creates Goods Issue, Delivery, Billing, and FI document as well.

Now we need to delete a Sales Order and its subsequent documents.

I know the steps:

1. Cancel Invoice: VF11.

2. Reverse the Goods Issue: VL09.

3. Delete the Delivery: VL02N.

4. Reject the Sales Order: VA02 then select Delete from under Sales Document.

If right please confirm.

But the issue is that the user gave me the Sales Order number only.

The question is:

How can I know the Billing document related to that Sales Order in order to accordingly delete all else related documents till the sales order?

Thanks in advance;

Kind regards;

Ahmad Mahmud;

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi

Run transaction VA02 and enter the sales order number and click on document flow.

When you take the cursor on different icons, system will show you document flow icons.

Document flow will display all the documents created with respect to sales order.

Thereby you can get to know about all the delivery number and invoice no.

Sequence you mentioned is Ok.

Just go ahead and cancel the document.

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Do you have to delete the documents manually? or does it have to happen automatically?

ie the user mentions the sales order number and all the subsequent documents are cancelled/reversed.

In case it has to happen automatically, custom code will have to be written.

The table VBFA holds the document flow. Enter the sales order number in VBELV - the table will return all the subsequent documents along with their document categories.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If someone has to do this with such frequency and volume that they need a custom ABAP program for that then I would say something is terribly wrong with their process and/or their SAP configuration...

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The sequence is correct, however it is better not to delete the sales order (only to reject with an appropriate reason) - at least for reporting purposes (it is part of company KPI and usually the end users are not granted with authorization for delete activity in VA02).

One really nice transaction that you may find useful in the future - ALO1 (the good thing about it is that you can see the complete document flow - even IDOCs). Most users do not have it added to their roles, but most probably you will have access for it.

Please have in mind that in case you have WMS you need to execute LT0G as well to return the stock to the warehouse (this is after GI reversal and before delivery deletion).