cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interest is not calculating correctly in Project System

0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We have implemented functionality to capitalized interest on Asset through Project system. We are calculating interest as per line item basis.

System is not calculating interest correctly for a month in which expense occurred. it takes value date either end date of period or mid month of period but from next month it takes actual month as per period.

Can you please help me what required to do calculate interest correctly from First Month.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Pawan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DaveS4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Please go through the below document which explains how you can implement the interest calculation, then check your system settings:

Interest Calculation - Costs - SAP Library

Regards,

Dave

0 Kudos

Hello Adoni/Sunil

I have checked links which you have provided but still issue is not resolved. there is no configuration available to change the logic of value date determination for calculating interest.

I have posted expense on 1st Dec 2015 on network and settle to WBS then when i am trying to calculate interest through CJZ1 system is calculating interest only for 1 day. Value date taken as 31st Dec 2015.

As per the business requirement it should take for first day of the month.

I have configured Interest profile for line item calculation.

Kindly help for solution or is there any work aorund.

Regards

Pawan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

according to your post, if actual cost arise on activity on 1st of dec and you are settling that amount to WBS on 31st dec and calculating Interest using collective interest calculation than system will calculate according to posting on WBS only.

if you try to post interest using individual interest calculation -CJZ2 before settlement and select with orders than i think system will post exact amount of interest according to 1st dec.

Please try once and let us know.

thanks

Sunil

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos