cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tray Minimize and Maximize!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

On my WDA View i have got two trays(TRAY1 and TRAY2) under ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER. On TRAY1 i have a button, which when clicked should minimize TRAY1 and maximize TRAY2. How to do this?

I did some examples by accessing CONTEXT elements and modifying them but for UI Elements i didn't see many examples. I know the Property of TRAY for which the value needs to be changed is EXPANDED, but don't know how to change it in the action method.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

Please follow the following steps, You problem will be resolved:

1. Create a context attrubute which is they of the WDY_BOOLEAN. Bind this attrubute to the property EXPANDED of TRAY2.

2. In the Action controler of Button on TRAY1, Just change the attrubute value to 'X' or SPACE which you bind to the porperty EXPANEDED.

3. Your problem will be solved. Try in the reverse way also like button on Tray2 and TRAY1 has tobe expaned when you click here.

I hope i given correct solution to you.

Warm Regards,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhaskar for the helpful reply, though your second step was confusing to me. What i have done now is created two context attributes and assigned each one to its corresponding tray EXPANDED property.

Then in the WDDOINIT method i code and set the minimize and maximize of each tray using the two created context attributes by setting abap_true and abap_false booleans. And then on my button action click method, i code and minimize my search tray and also expand the results tray. Is this what you wanted to suggest me from your steps?

If not then i would still be curious to know if there is any other way also to do it. Thanks.

Regards,