Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on Constraints in Variant Configuration

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to simulate a scenario using constraints in Variant Configuration. Following are the configurations performed.

1) Created Characteristics with values and assigned them to the class.

2) Created a configuration profile for the material and assigned the required class in the configuration profile.

3) Created the dependency net in cu21 transaction code and assigned the object dependency codes in the dependency net.

Following are the screen shots.

Class created is Bike. Characteristics assigned are Model3, Type3, and Frame_Height3(Screen shot attached below)

The Characteristic Model3 has the below values

Multiple Values can be selected for the below Characteristic.

Following is the object dependency code which is written in cu23 and saved without any syntax errors.

The desired output should be the system should throw an inconsistency message when selecting the values trekking and mountain for the Characteristic model3. However when I go to cu50 to simulate the below scenario no such inconsistency message appears on selecting the value trekking for the characteristic MODEL3

Please advice if I am missing any configurations

Kind Regards

Atul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I've just tested your solution in my sandbox system and found it perfectly working, here is the result in CU50 after having selected both Trekking and Mountain values in the MODEL characteristic, and having pressed Enter: the constraint runs and results in an inconsistency:

and here the constraint in the editor:

Compared to yours, I've used the characteristic value 'TREKKING', not the characteristic description 'Trekking', maybe this is making some difference if the characteristic is case sensitive.

I do hope this could be of some help.

Thank you and regards,

Flavio

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Flavio,

Thanks for your detailed test case and analysis appreciate the same. I guess I read in the help document that the dependency net needs to be assigned to the configuration profile which I am not able to do. Can you let me know where did you do it. I tried to do it through CU42 however was unable to do it.

Once I make this assignment then I guess my scenario would also work. Appreciate if you could help out.

Kind Regards

Atul

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

You are welcome!

For the constraint assignment in the profile, as you said, just use CU42 with the configurable material.

Select it and click on Profile detail icon (Shift + F7).

In the following screen, you will see the Dependencies button.

Click it and just insert the Dependency Net here.

After that, it should hopefully work

Thanks and regards,

Flavio

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Flavio,

I have done the assignment of the dependency net to the configuration profile. Screen Shot attached below

Next I go to cu50 transaction code to simulate the scenario. I select both the values press enter however no luck.. I do not get the message which you got above.

Can you paste a screen shot of your characteristic Trekking which you were mentioning above with regards to the value and description part.

Kind Regards

Atul

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

After having chosen the two values 'Trekking' and 'Mountain', and having pressed Enter, don't you get a red cross within the icons in the bottom part of the configuration?

If so, that's the inconsistency triggered by the constraint. If not, then we have to check why it's still not working.

What I mentioned above about the characteristic value / characteristic value description, is that I used, in the constraint, the value (''TREKKING''), not the description ('Trekking'), but this should have an effect only in case of Case sensitive characteristic.

Hope this could help.

Thanks and regards,

Flavio

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Flavio,

Thank you very much, yes I also got the same message again. You are a true VC Expert. Thanks for answering my post

Kind Regards

Atul

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

You are welcome!

I'm really happy that it works

Thank you and bye,

Flavio

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atul,

For info about configuring Variant Configuration, it is probably best to start with Best Practices.

147 – Make-to-Order Production with Variant Configuration

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for the link given. I went through the best practice document. I have made all the required basic settings. however the scenario for Constraints in Variant Configuration is not covered in this document.

Kind Regards

Atul