cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply entrytype filter to Data Source in Virtual Directory Server (VDS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm trying to create a VDS configuration that will expose certain attributes to another application.  As part of this I wanted to apply a filter on the Data Source so that only entries of type MX_PERSON are available to search.  Currently when doing an LDAP query on the base node it's possible to see all entries including privileges, groups etc.  I know it's possible to filter in the LDAP query, but this isn't what I'm after.

I created the configuration using the 'IDM Identity Center 72.xml' template and then have tried applying applying the filter by maintaining the 'Additional filter' field on the 'Database' tab of the Data Source.  I have tried several different combinations such as:

mcEntryType=MX_PERSON

mcEntryType='MX_PERSON'

mx_entrytype=MX_PERSON

mx_entrytype='MX_PERSON'

objectclass=MX_PERSON

objectclass='MX_PERSON'

and updated the configuration each time before re-attempting the search.  Nothing seems to work.  Based on the VDS help documentation it is my understanding that whatever information entered here should be included in the SQL WHERE clause.  Based on that understanding 2 or 4 from the above should work on an Oracle database.  I can't find any information anywhere on the data structure used for this template so am not sure what table/view it might be pulling from.

The connector is using MxIDStoreFlat72.

Anyone any ideas?  Is there anything that I'm missing?

Many thanks in advance.

Pat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pat,

I can't get this to work at all, and I'm pretty sure I've done it in the past.  I think your best bet at this point is to raise an OSS note, unless there's someone from the Development team lurking who knows more VDS than I do.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your time Matt.  I appreciate you having a look into it.

I'll ask around a bit more off-line and may well raise an incident with AGS.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pat,

Just be warned, not too many people are up on VDS these days, try to get directly to Developer level support.

I did make a little progress by changing the filter in the Database node. In the Default database prarameters section, I changed the Base filter to mx_entrytype=MX_PERSON.  All the entries still show up, but only MX_PERSON entries will show details.

My updated guess is that we would needs some sort of custom code to hide the other stuff.  If you're a Java programmer, see if you can find the old Virtual View class / configuration.  That might give you some leads.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

As always it was the one variation that I hadn't yet tried until documenting the steps for AGS.  The correct syntax was to enclose it in brackets without quotation marks on the value...

(mx_entrytype=MX_PERSON)

The documentation is close, but not quire right for the database in my circumstance.  For a data source of type database it did require the brackets, but didn't require the quotation marks.

This only shows the entries of type MX_PERSON as expected.

Thanks for your help.

Pat

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pat,

Excellent! So glad they were able to help you.  I think you should write it up as a Blog.  VDS knowledge is tough to come by, so it should be preserved whenever possible!  If you're not interested in writing it, I'll be happy to.

Matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and ,

It looks like you guys might have been looking into something similar in this thread .  I don't suppose you managed to achive this?

Many thanks,

Pat

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pat, I'm sure I have looked at it.  It's on my list to research for you.  Sorry for the delay!

Matt