cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order--Material-Batch specific use for one Distribution Channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Recently i am working on a test case and got stuck with logic.

Need your expert opinions.

I want to use a Material of a specific batch while creating Sales order.But here i need a restriction that same material (of a specific batch) to be

allowed to be used in Export distribution channel(03) only and not in Local sales-distribution channel and vice-versa.

I tried by defining Characteristic -Distribution channel and assigned to class-Batch(22) in material master, but in sales order creation for export it still allowing to create.

How to restrict above possibility through Standard functionality.

Regards,

VC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AmanSharief
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi VC,

I am really not very sure that we can achieve this in batch management but you can utilize the listing/exclusion functionality of SAP for your requirement with key combinations as distribution channel/material/batch number and for the combination of distribution channel and material list/exclude the respective batch numbers.

For more information on listing/exclusion functionality please refer below link:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-28355

Let me know if this is helpful.

Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

Thanks for your suggestion !

I tried with Listing /Exclusion possibility.It works!

Only for materials that are created and are not maintained/forgot to maintain by user  in VB02-for exclusion-B001 is the thing to be taken care of while creating sales order,i mean,that should not be allowed to be processed!

I guess this will require any validation to be done!!

Regards,

VC

AmanSharief
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi VC,

If your context was to check if you need to maintain a listing/exclusion condition record to get this functionality working?

Answer is yes, you need to first activate the listing/exclusion functionality for the sales document type and maintain the condition record for the respective combinations only then this will work.

Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

Yes i activated and maintained Exclusion record for materials that are only meant to be sold in Exports.

But what if in case when a material ,say Export material which is allowed to be sold in both Export and Domestic sales.

I can maintain Exclusion for domestic distribution channel so that A-Export material should not be allowed in domestic sale....this is achievable by condition table(MAterial/Batch/Dchnl/Division) B001-exclusion.

But some materials are allowed to be sold in Local distribution channel also,so in that case if i maintain B001-Exclusion then it will not work.

And if i dont maintain B001 then any Export material(if newly created also ) will be sold in domestic distribution channel as there was no restriction.hence working on it.

Regards,

VC.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Recently i am working on a test case and got stuck with logic.

Need your expert opinions.

I want to use a Material of a specific batch while creating Sales order.But here i need a restriction that same material (of a specific batch) to be

allowed to be used in Export distribution channel(03) only and not in Local sales-distribution channel and vice-versa.

I tried by defining Characteristic -Distribution channel and assigned to class-Batch(22) in material master, but in sales order creation for export it still allowing to create.

How to restrict above possibility through Standard functionality.

Regards,

VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

any inputs for my query!

regards,

VC